Lead Capture Tools

GEiselt
Contributor

Dependent fields on forms

SOLVE

Hey team,

I'm looking to create a demo request form that only asks for a contact's job title if their email domain matches a set of target accounts. I'd assumed I could just use "contains" logic for a set of email domains separating each choice with a comma, but it looks like you can only have one string of text for the logic rule.

Is there any way to implement conditional logic based on the use case described above? Thanks in advance for the help!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @GEiselt 

This appears to not be possible at the moment. 

While a dropdown property can have a dependant field based on a collection of responses (contains any of), the same is not true of the email field. 

And while you can add multiple dependant logic rules (I didn't hit a limit yet), you can not re-use the field that is shown. Doing so throws an error. 

So its not possible exactly the way you want it right now. 

However, in my experience, if a prospect is willing to enter their email address in a form, they are usually willing to populate a few additional fields, so I wouldn't expect the addition of job title for all (or better yet for segmentation a role/persona dropdown) to impact conversions too much - even if quantity did decrease, I'd expect quality to increase. 

Hope this helps?

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @GEiselt 

This appears to not be possible at the moment. 

While a dropdown property can have a dependant field based on a collection of responses (contains any of), the same is not true of the email field. 

And while you can add multiple dependant logic rules (I didn't hit a limit yet), you can not re-use the field that is shown. Doing so throws an error. 

So its not possible exactly the way you want it right now. 

However, in my experience, if a prospect is willing to enter their email address in a form, they are usually willing to populate a few additional fields, so I wouldn't expect the addition of job title for all (or better yet for segmentation a role/persona dropdown) to impact conversions too much - even if quantity did decrease, I'd expect quality to increase. 

Hope this helps?

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency