Lead Capture Tools

PBaxter
Contributor

Dependent fields on forms - duplicate field error

SOLVE

Hi,

Capturing data from prospects in our forms, we have two fields - Type of Company and Job Role.  The Job Role contains all types of prospect job, covering multiple types of company.

I was hoping to design a form using dependent field logic, which would do the following:

i. based on Type of Company one, present Job Role as a dependent field but only show those jobs that match this type of company (which I can pre-select by checking the appropriate field options)

ii. based on Type of Company two, present Job Role again, but this time only show those jobs that match this second type of company

But although it allows me to enter it, HS doesn't like the same dependent field twice - screen shot of error below:

HSForm.png

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like my elegant solution works!

I can more or less see a route where I could set up a table of job roles unique to each type of company, linked to job roles properties under the hood, and then use an automation to populate the property I want - but it seems a rather complex way to do something relative simple : ultimately, I'm just wanting to present a list of possible job roles which depend on my Type of Company field.

Am I missing something obvious?!

Thanks in advance for any help.

Phil

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @PBaxter,

You're not missing anything. This is currently a limitation of the forms tool. It's not possible to show two different versions (= different lists of values) of the same property in one form. The only workaround are indeed custom properties and workflows, copying and thus consolidating the input in one main property.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
PBaxter
Contributor

SOLVE

OK, thank you, Karsten

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @PBaxter,

You're not missing anything. This is currently a limitation of the forms tool. It's not possible to show two different versions (= different lists of values) of the same property in one form. The only workaround are indeed custom properties and workflows, copying and thus consolidating the input in one main property.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.