Dependent Fields Using Custom Fields

Highlighted
New Contributor

I created a field called "How did you hear about us?" with several options. One of the options is "Admission Event." I need to have a dependent field called "Which event?" show up if "Admission Event" is selected. 

In the Dependent Fields dropdown area of "How did you hear about us?" the "then show:" option only includes built-in field options to choose from and not the "Which event?" or other custom fields I added to the form.

Is there a way for custom fields to show up in the "then show:" drop-down? Or are dependent options limited to built-in Hubspot fields (not custom form fields)?

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
Community Thought Leader | Diamond Partner

Hi @russtanner6 

It is possible to use custom properties as dependant form fields - I have no problem doing this in my portal. 

If you only just created your custom property, you will probably have to refresh the form editor for it to be able to see it.

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | Inbound marketing for B2B technology companies
0 Upvotes
New Contributor

I tried refreshing and the custom fields are still not showing up. Smiley Sad

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Any thoughts on other options to make this work? Refreshing didn't bring up the custom fields.

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor | Platinum Partner

I have the same problem within a clients account - tried refershing and another browser, but custom fields are not showing up as an option to make dependent.

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @bschneidewind,

Dependent fields are only available with certain subscription levels (see here). If you are not able to use the dependent fields properly and your client has the necessary subscription, I would recommend reaching out to HubSpot technical support.

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor | Platinum Partner

Thanks Jenny!

I actually just figured this one out on my end - my issue was that I already the fields inside the form when trying to make them dependent, once I removed them from the form i was able to make them dependent!

A good reminder for me to always read the documentation!