Lead Capture Tools

dcbullard104
Participant

Deleting a form submission

SOLVE

I am using forms to register people for upcoming training.  Some of the participants have registered more than once for the same date / time.  Is there a way to delete a form submission - so when I run my report for registrants, I have an accurate count without having to export to excel and delete every time I pull a report.  

2 Accepted solutions
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @dcbullard104 

You can't delete a timeline event within HubSpot. I thought you might be able to do it via API but I couldn't confirm that. 

Rather than using form submissions, which are prone to the error you've seen, as the basis for your report, I would recommend creating a custom property to capture attendance. Once set, even if a contact converts multiple times, the contact will only show once in a list based on that property. 

You may also be able to do more to deter repeat submissions, by providing a clear inline thank you message, sending a follow up email, or something like that. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @dcbullard104,

Good news, there is now a private beta for this 🙂

Forms

Delete form submissions

Mar 19, 2024

What is it?

We are excited to announce the Private Beta for the ability to delete form submissions.

Users with appropriate permissions can now delete form submissions. By default the super admins for the HubSpot portal will be granted access to delete form submissions. Any user who needs to delete form submissions should reach to their portal admin to get the necessary permissions.

For the private beta, users can select up to 10 form submissions to delete at a time.

On deleting a form submission, all the relevant analytics data such as Submissions count, Conversion rate etc. will be updated.

All the reporting across HubSpot, for example, Customer journey analytics etc. will be updated to reflect the deleted submissions.

Please note that contacts/companies/tickets created via form submissions will not be deleted. Also, any workflows triggered via a form submission will continue to execute even after the form submission has been deleted .

Why does it matter?

As part of building forms, customers make test submissions to evaluate the form and could be receiving submissions from a bad actor who submits forms with bad data. However, there is no support to delete form submissions and in turn, these test submissions impact the form submissions analytics data. Hence, users struggle with reporting or analyzing form submissions accurately within HubSpot.

As a workaround, users have to manually export the form submissions data out of HubSpot to remove the test submissions or other faulty submissions etc.

This creates additional work for users, defeats the purpose of the reporting capabilities that HubSpot offers and ultimately results in disjointed solutions for marketing teams.

How does it work?

• Under the Forms tool, go to your specific form where you have submissions that you would like to delete.

You can see that this form has 3 submissions and the conversion rate is 100%.

• Select one or more submissions that you would like to delete. On selecting the submissions, you will see the "Delete" option enabled (if you have the appropriate permissions)

• Confirm that you would like to delete the submissions. Please note that once deleted, the submissions can not be retrieved.

• On successful deletion, all relevant metrics will be updated.

You can see that the Submissions count and the conversion rate is updated under the Performance tab and also the Analyze page is updated.

Who gets it?

All hubs and tiers

You can enroll into the beta here:

karstenkoehler_7-1710912718603.png

If you're not seeing it yet, you'll either have to reach out to your customer success manager or be patient for a few more days.

Have a great day!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
13 Replies 13
KKearney
Participant

SOLVE

It would be great to be able to delete form submissions. We have 2 events running side by side and someone registered to the wrong one. Now our numbers are showing incorrectly.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @dcbullard104,

Good news, there is now a private beta for this 🙂

Forms

Delete form submissions

Mar 19, 2024

What is it?

We are excited to announce the Private Beta for the ability to delete form submissions.

Users with appropriate permissions can now delete form submissions. By default the super admins for the HubSpot portal will be granted access to delete form submissions. Any user who needs to delete form submissions should reach to their portal admin to get the necessary permissions.

For the private beta, users can select up to 10 form submissions to delete at a time.

On deleting a form submission, all the relevant analytics data such as Submissions count, Conversion rate etc. will be updated.

All the reporting across HubSpot, for example, Customer journey analytics etc. will be updated to reflect the deleted submissions.

Please note that contacts/companies/tickets created via form submissions will not be deleted. Also, any workflows triggered via a form submission will continue to execute even after the form submission has been deleted .

Why does it matter?

As part of building forms, customers make test submissions to evaluate the form and could be receiving submissions from a bad actor who submits forms with bad data. However, there is no support to delete form submissions and in turn, these test submissions impact the form submissions analytics data. Hence, users struggle with reporting or analyzing form submissions accurately within HubSpot.

As a workaround, users have to manually export the form submissions data out of HubSpot to remove the test submissions or other faulty submissions etc.

This creates additional work for users, defeats the purpose of the reporting capabilities that HubSpot offers and ultimately results in disjointed solutions for marketing teams.

How does it work?

• Under the Forms tool, go to your specific form where you have submissions that you would like to delete.

You can see that this form has 3 submissions and the conversion rate is 100%.

• Select one or more submissions that you would like to delete. On selecting the submissions, you will see the "Delete" option enabled (if you have the appropriate permissions)

• Confirm that you would like to delete the submissions. Please note that once deleted, the submissions can not be retrieved.

• On successful deletion, all relevant metrics will be updated.

You can see that the Submissions count and the conversion rate is updated under the Performance tab and also the Analyze page is updated.

Who gets it?

All hubs and tiers

You can enroll into the beta here:

karstenkoehler_7-1710912718603.png

If you're not seeing it yet, you'll either have to reach out to your customer success manager or be patient for a few more days.

Have a great day!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
Pavelka-Denk
Participant

SOLVE

Hi, it still not possible to remove a form submission. The customer support told me to write here and vote for it. I believe someone is going to see this and will push the development of the function "removing a submission form". Regards, 

Hermann

RMarks15
Participant

SOLVE

Is this still not a featue within Hubspot? We are having to use form submissions for our 2024 marketing and this is a much needed feature when poeple submit the form multiple times.

BérangèreL
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @RMarks15, I hope that you are well!

Thank you for posting in the Community and thanks for your feedback!

You can now delete spam submissions. Here is the article about this: "Manage form spam submissions".

And as far as being able to delete a form submission, I'd recommend you to upvote and explain your use case on this idea here.

Thank you and have a lovely day!

Best,
Bérangère

Saviez-vous que la Communauté est disponible en Français ?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings!

BérangèreL
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Pavelka-Denk,

Thank you for posting in the Community!

Here is the idea that you can share and upvote.

This idea is currently being reviewed by our Team, which is great news 🙂

Have a great day!

Best,
Bérangère

Saviez-vous que la Communauté est disponible en Français ?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings!

0 Upvotes
Jovitha
Contributor | Partner
Contributor | Partner

SOLVE

Hey @dcbullard104 , I am assuming this is the feature that you are looking for. In that case, I request you to upvote this feature. 

mwells
Participant

SOLVE

I have people cancel their registration for events via email. Since I can't delete them from the form or from the active list, I go into the active list filter and add a stept to not send to the email address(es) of the person/people who cancelled (it's usually a relatively small number of email addressed to add).

0 Upvotes
mhodgin
Participant

SOLVE

I use form submissions for event registrations. There are times when people cancel their registration for various reasons. I do not want to delete the contact, but I want to easily be able to email those people who filled out the form and are still planning on coming when it gets closer to the event. Currently there is no way for me to delete people from a form submission. And when I create a list of all those who filled out the form, it will give me the people who no longer can go. There's no way around this except for deleting the contact and reuploading them as a new contact - but then I lose all the history associated with their name.

ConnorSlivensky
Key Advisor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

How do they cancel? The best way would be to create a custom property and workflow that auto assigns said property when they cancel but you would need some triggering event to start the workflow or add them to a static list in place of the custom property. Either way it should provide a second data point to isolate registrations from cancellations. 

Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @dcbullard104 

You can't delete a timeline event within HubSpot. I thought you might be able to do it via API but I couldn't confirm that. 

Rather than using form submissions, which are prone to the error you've seen, as the basis for your report, I would recommend creating a custom property to capture attendance. Once set, even if a contact converts multiple times, the contact will only show once in a list based on that property. 

You may also be able to do more to deter repeat submissions, by providing a clear inline thank you message, sending a follow up email, or something like that. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
ConnorSlivensky

SOLVE

I'm guessing you aren't requiring emails to create these contacts. That's how HubSpot will de-duplicate them as contacts. That should solve your problem going forward but you may need to do more export of your database and delete the duplicate records to fix the existing problem. 

dcbullard104
Participant

SOLVE

Yes, we do require emails, but some people are using 2 and 3 different email addresses, they change their mind, sign up for one class and decide that another class is better for their schedule so they sign up for that one too, and want to be excluded from another, etc.  Creating quite a headache when it comes to who is actually coming to which class and getting reminder emails for all of the classes that they signed for....not a good customer experience.