Deleting a form submission

SOLVE
Occasional Contributor

I am using forms to register people for upcoming training.  Some of the participants have registered more than once for the same date / time.  Is there a way to delete a form submission - so when I run my report for registrants, I have an accurate count without having to export to excel and delete every time I pull a report.  

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Thought Leader | Diamond Partner

Hi @dcbullard104 

You can't delete a timeline event within HubSpot. I thought you might be able to do it via API but I couldn't confirm that. 

Rather than using form submissions, which are prone to the error you've seen, as the basis for your report, I would recommend creating a custom property to capture attendance. Once set, even if a contact converts multiple times, the contact will only show once in a list based on that property. 

You may also be able to do more to deter repeat submissions, by providing a clear inline thank you message, sending a follow up email, or something like that. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | Inbound marketing for B2B technology companies
5 Replies 5
Highlighted
Advisor

I'm guessing you aren't requiring emails to create these contacts. That's how HubSpot will de-duplicate them as contacts. That should solve your problem going forward but you may need to do more export of your database and delete the duplicate records to fix the existing problem. 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Yes, we do require emails, but some people are using 2 and 3 different email addresses, they change their mind, sign up for one class and decide that another class is better for their schedule so they sign up for that one too, and want to be excluded from another, etc.  Creating quite a headache when it comes to who is actually coming to which class and getting reminder emails for all of the classes that they signed for....not a good customer experience. 

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Community Thought Leader | Diamond Partner

Hi @dcbullard104 

You can't delete a timeline event within HubSpot. I thought you might be able to do it via API but I couldn't confirm that. 

Rather than using form submissions, which are prone to the error you've seen, as the basis for your report, I would recommend creating a custom property to capture attendance. Once set, even if a contact converts multiple times, the contact will only show once in a list based on that property. 

You may also be able to do more to deter repeat submissions, by providing a clear inline thank you message, sending a follow up email, or something like that. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | Inbound marketing for B2B technology companies
Highlighted

I use form submissions for event registrations. There are times when people cancel their registration for various reasons. I do not want to delete the contact, but I want to easily be able to email those people who filled out the form and are still planning on coming when it gets closer to the event. Currently there is no way for me to delete people from a form submission. And when I create a list of all those who filled out the form, it will give me the people who no longer can go. There's no way around this except for deleting the contact and reuploading them as a new contact - but then I lose all the history associated with their name.

Highlighted
Advisor

How do they cancel? The best way would be to create a custom property and workflow that auto assigns said property when they cancel but you would need some triggering event to start the workflow or add them to a static list in place of the custom property. Either way it should provide a second data point to isolate registrations from cancellations. 

0 Upvotes