Lead Capture Tools

MStevens711

Delete a form submission from a contact record, or a contact from a form submission.

We have had a number of confused customers fill out either our "request a demo" or "request a preview" forms on our website. While we can use their lifecycle stage to exclude them from our prospecting workflows, they still show as submissions and are throwing off our conversion rate on the page and I'm worried a list will be pulled of anyone who submitted that form not realizing it might have customers in it. 

We need a way to remove someone from a form submission, or remove a form submission from a contact record without deleting the entire form or contact record. 

9 Replies 9
MWitteveen

Delete a form submission from a contact record, or a contact from a form submission.

Bizar that this is not possible. Just speeachless, do we need to recreate the form when we want to test it? Also no API option here?

0 Upvotes
LSandoval85
Participant

I agree with this! We did a test run on a form submission and now it shows as a submission, had we known it couldn't be deleted we wouldn't have done it. Is this in the works to be updated?

DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @LSandoval85

Thank you for your inquiry. 

The idea was submitted by another user: Delete form submissions.

The product team has updated the status as "Being reviewed", I encourage you to upvote for the idea, this way you will have all the updates regarding this option.

Best regards,

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @MStevens711,

Thanks for reaching out! The only way to remove a form submission from a contact's record and activity specifically is to delete the contact's record.

If you wanted to remove the record's form submission from the form's analytics altogether, that isn't currently possible at the moment I'm afraid. 

This is an idea submitted in our Ideas Forum that would allow form submissions to be removed from the actual analytics: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Delete-form-submissions/idi-p/27868. I would recommend upvoting there. 

Best,

Kristen

FMarino
Participant

Definitely an upvote here.

With the current settings, if you run tests and fake form subsmissions, you are simply unable to delete them.

I have lost faith in this community since there are valuable ideas with hundreds of upvotes, time passes by and nothing happens. Please do something with your customers' ideas!

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @FMarino,

Thank you for your feedback, and I'm sorry for any frustration this may have caused.

The product team made an update to this idea on June 15, 2022. It is currently under review by the team 🙂

I would recommend commenting in the idea thread as the Ideas Forum is where our product team reviews customer feedback. 

Thank you,

Kristen

Daveanet
Participant

What is the latest status of this request? Would be helpful to have.

GLeon
Participant

I was about to ask the same. It seems so strange that a submission can't be removed. It totally messes up campaign reporting if someone tests a form.

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @GLeon and @Daveanet,

Thanks for reaching out!

You can get status updates to this feature request by subscribing to the existing idea in the Ideas Forum. 

You can subscribe by clicking on the "Follow"  button or commenting in the idea thread. Once subscribed, you'll get a notification when our product team makes a status update to the idea.

You can read more about how our Product Team makes status updates to Ideas in this guide

Best,

Kristen

0 Upvotes