Lead Capture Tools

pilotstogether
Participant

Data from forms with credit card details

I use the Charitable plugin with WordPress to accept donations on my site.  I notice that the donation form is only registered with HubSpot if an offline donation is made - if the donation is online, ie with credit card details, the submission isn't registered at all.  Is there any way of collecting the submission data other than the credit card details?

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Ben_M
Key Advisor

For forms being registered are you talking about non-Hubspot forms?  If so, I don't believe that code allows for customization that you are asking to only target specific forms.

With regards to the Charitable plugin, I see that their developers have an email extension for some other platforms but Hubspot is not listed.  https://www.wpcharitable.com/documentation/charitable-newsletter-connect/  .  Have you tried reaching out to the developers to inquire about Hubspot?  Being that this is a paid product they may be inclined to listen to customers and offer support for an integration.

0 Upvotes
Ben_M
Key Advisor

Yes.  For this you would need to use the Hubspot API to receive form data from your current form processor.  Typically in this type of setup you would want to collect the user info and payment info in 2 separate posts because of PCI-DSS compliance requirements.  In most cases I would recommend hiring a developer to assist you as this is a very complex setup including the payment gateway you have.

0 Upvotes
pilotstogether
Participant

OK thank you.  As a charity we don't have the luxury of hiring developers!

Another quick similar question if I may.  How would I exclude certain forms from automatically being registered on HubSpot?  Is there some setting I can use (like add a CVV hidden field or something)?

0 Upvotes