Lead Capture Tools

Twigsmore
Participant | Platinum Partner

Customizing From Submission Notification Emails

SOLVE

Hello! Has anyone figured out how to customize form submission emails? I'd like to have them come into my inbox with out all the HubSpot branding so I can just forward/reply to the contact and include their submission information in my reply to them. 

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Twigsmore,

As far as I know the default notification cannot be edited or changed. With a Professional subscription, however, you can create a simple contact-based workflow, enrolling contacts who submitted any form, and send an internal notification and fill it with the personalization tokens you're interested in. This internal notification can be an internal marketing email with all design options you usually have in a marketing email.

The personalization tokens you probably want to include are:

• First name, last name
  • Email address
  • Company name
  • Recent conversion

You can also generate a link to the contact record by following this syntax: https://app.hubspot.com/contacts/your_portal_id/contact/personalization_token_for_contact_ID/

Replace your_portal_id with, em, your portal ID, and add the personalization token for "Contact ID" at the end of the link. HubSpot will automatically create the full link.

In summary: Not possible in free and Starter, custom notifications require workflows.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
vaibhavyadav

SOLVE

I had a similar query, the scenario is as follows:

When our marketing campaign runs, the form submission that takes place on our website (for which we use hubspot form), sends an email to the configured list of receipients. The problem that we want to solve is that all the emails that come become part of a single email thread, is there a way that all the emails that come for form submission, come with different email subject so that they don't become a email thread? We would prefer to have the lets say 10 emails that come in, come in as 10 separate emails/threads instead of 1 email thread with 10 emails one after the other. Any tips for this? We are in the Free usage tier, we evaluated the paid version but turns out, there wasn't enough need to get a paid version. Any help appreciated! 

0 Upvotes
Twigsmore

SOLVE

Thanks Karsten. That's the exactly conclusion I had come to as well but I was hoping someone had crafted a new solution to make it happen 😀

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

There's an open request here but the product team is currently not planning to work on this.

If you consider your original question answered, you can help other community members (and me 🙂 ) by accepting my earlier post as a solution. I'd appreciate.

Have a great day!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Twigsmore,

As far as I know the default notification cannot be edited or changed. With a Professional subscription, however, you can create a simple contact-based workflow, enrolling contacts who submitted any form, and send an internal notification and fill it with the personalization tokens you're interested in. This internal notification can be an internal marketing email with all design options you usually have in a marketing email.

The personalization tokens you probably want to include are:

• First name, last name
  • Email address
  • Company name
  • Recent conversion

You can also generate a link to the contact record by following this syntax: https://app.hubspot.com/contacts/your_portal_id/contact/personalization_token_for_contact_ID/

Replace your_portal_id with, em, your portal ID, and add the personalization token for "Contact ID" at the end of the link. HubSpot will automatically create the full link.

In summary: Not possible in free and Starter, custom notifications require workflows.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler