Lead Capture Tools

a_schumacher
HubSpot製品開発チーム
HubSpot製品開発チーム

Custom "View in Salesforce" Button on Form Submission Notifications

Hi everyone-- I have seen a lot of buzz lately around HubSpot's decision to sunset the default "View in Salesforce" button in form submission notificaitons.

I made this Loom video that walks through a workaround, where you can create a custom “View in Salesforce” button now that the one in our default notifications has been sunset: https://www.useloom.com/share/27d5dd52c4a64c69a9dd64c18115830e

To summarize: You can build a custom form submission notification email that sends from a workflow, and you can include the different form fields in the email body. Make sure to include re-enrollment based on that form submission in the workflow. Add a rich text module to the custom form submission email, and use smart content to segment on a list of "Salesforce lead id is known", and a default that will catch Contacts. Then, you can add this to the source of that rich text module to build the custom link: 

`<a href="https://[your-sfdc-url].salesforce.com/{{contact.salesforcecontactid}}>Click to view Contact in Salesforce </a>`

If you are using the Lightning experience in SFDC, your HTML will look a little bit different. You will also need to add /view after the contact ID token, as well as /Lead or /Contact. Mine looked like this for Contacts:

<a href="https://[my instance].lightning.force.com/lightning/r/Contact/{{contact.salesforcecontactid}}/view">Click to view Contact in Salesforce</a>
5件の返信
bradmin
キーアドバイザー

This approach looks like a fine way to solve on the HubSpot side. On the Salesforce side, you've got the option to send an email template on assignment through the assignment rules (however, it may be difficult to augment this to account for all form submissions and use cases).

Alternately, if you have a dedicated seat for the integration, you can set up a workflow rule to fire on lead create in Salesforce, emulating the form submission email, with a template containing the record link in Salesforce. 

Using a Salesforce-side solution will be marginally faster than what's listed here, as it'll fire on lead create in Salesforce, rather than wait for however long the delay step is on the HubSpot side. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
SusanaBranum
参加者

@bradmin-Thanks for your input on this. Our sales team is really suffering from it right now and our SFDC admins are motivated to get a fix ASAP.  Our marketing operations role is currently an open headcount, so we dont' have anyone to do this on the HubSpot side. I just have a few questions:

1. When creating the workflow rule to fire upon lead creation in SFDC, does that give you the ability to add in the first conversion? We just need a way for our Marketing Associates to see why a lead was created. The HubSpot notification for worked well for that, but wondering if the SFDC notification could provide that by bringing in the conversion field.

2. The other issue with using SFDC is that a lot of times we discover sync errrors by clicking on the SFDC link in the HubSpot notifiction. I realize we need to monitor sync errors more closely, but we have a lean team and nobody dedicated to it currently. Any thoughts on how we could be notified when a lead fails to create in SFDC? 

Thank you!

Susana

0 いいね!
bradmin
キーアドバイザー

Hi, @SusanaBranum:

1) If First Conversion is already mapped to Salesforce, and the new SF lead being created has a value on their HS contact, then the First Conversion field would be available, either for assignment/workflow criteria, or as a form field to use in the Salesforce email template. If this isn't yet mapped, you'll need to map it first, then the automation would only apply as a go-forward, for new creates. 

2) Unfortunately, other than spamming refresh on that page multiple times a day, there's not a good way to handle this use case. I've talked to the integrations team about this very issue. They recognize they'd like to be able to alert customers more fluidly about these kinds of issues, but I couldn't tell you what's planned for the future, or when. For what small consolation it's worth, HubSpot knows this is a customer pain, and they want to solve for it, but I don't have specifics beyond that. 

[IMPORTANT EDIT: First Conversion, or any of the other properties that appear in the analytics portion of contact properties, can take up to a couple of hours to populate a value. So unless you've got HubSpot logic which delays the initial sync to account for this - say, with an inclusion list, for example - then in practice, Salesforce leads will be created before this value exists on the HubSpot contact, and won't be available on create in Salesforce.

You may want to design additional Salesforce-side automation to handle this, once a value does exist.]

SusanaBranum
参加者

Thanks for the quick reply @bradmin ! Yes, that field is mapped and we use it all the time for SFDC reporting, so we should be good to move forward exploring this with our SFDC admin.

0 いいね!
bradmin
キーアドバイザー

@SusanaBranum, double-check that edit I made to my last post. Sometiems, some properties (especially analytic ones) can take up to a couple of hours for a value to exist on the HubSpot contact. It sounds like this doesn't describe First Conversion - I don't have this mapped personally, so I'm not able to verify that. 

If you've seen previous Salesforce leads consistently created with a First Conversion value, disregard this message. 

0 いいね!