Lead Capture Tools

Anicklow
Contributor

Custom Report Criteria for List Membership and Contact Property

SOLVE

Hello, 

I have a series of lists that I would like to figure out if any of the contacts have converted to a paying member during a certain month. 

To determine whether or not they have converted I have a contact property called "Active Account" that is Yes for if they are paying and No for if they are still not paying. 

The criteria on all of these active lists include "Active Account is No". 

I want to be able to tell how many people leave that  active list during a month because they became and Active Account. 

I've been playing around in the Custom Reporting and I love the way I can change the time frame easily there to see the differences between dates. I was hoping that I could filter with "List Membership has ever been any of_____" but that is not an option. 

Is there any way to accomplish this in Hubspot's Custom Reporting? 

Thank you,

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Anicklow,

For this type of date-based reporting, I'd recommend using workflows to stamp date-properties when those changes happen. You would create a custom date property and enroll contacts into a workflow when the value for "Active account" is any of yes. The workflow would then set value of the date property to the date of the step.

You would now have an explicit date property to use in reports. Unfortunately, this will not give you the historic information retroactively (only enroll contacts who meet the trigger criteria of the workflow after turning it on). However, the same would be true for your list-based approach: If it was possible, it wouldn't give you historic data.

(One way to access previous date informatíon is via the history of the "Active account" property in the property settings. You'd have to export the history, re-format the file and import it again. If you need assistance here, let me know.)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Anicklow,

For this type of date-based reporting, I'd recommend using workflows to stamp date-properties when those changes happen. You would create a custom date property and enroll contacts into a workflow when the value for "Active account" is any of yes. The workflow would then set value of the date property to the date of the step.

You would now have an explicit date property to use in reports. Unfortunately, this will not give you the historic information retroactively (only enroll contacts who meet the trigger criteria of the workflow after turning it on). However, the same would be true for your list-based approach: If it was possible, it wouldn't give you historic data.

(One way to access previous date informatíon is via the history of the "Active account" property in the property settings. You'd have to export the history, re-format the file and import it again. If you need assistance here, let me know.)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Anicklow ,

Unfortunately, we don't have this option of 'has ever been a member of xyz list'.. its either Yes or No. 
One workaround you can do, (its include manual work), try to create a static list and then keep adding the contacts into the list. Now you can use this static list in your custom report. Check SS: 

webdew_0-1638595020279.png

Then on the config tab, use these filters:

webdew_1-1638595100313.png

Don't know how much useful this workaround for you, but yiu can give it a try.

Hope this helps!
If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.
Thanks and Regards.