Lead Capture Tools

ironshield
Participant

Cumulative Contact Property

SOLVE

I have a form that Contacts are likely to submit multiple times.  Is there a Contact property (form field) that can retain data over multiple submissions?  Currently, the field I'm using is overwritten each time.

1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Q: I have a form that Contacts are likely to submit multiple times. Is there a Contact property (form field) that can retain data over multiple submissions? Currently, the field I'm using is overwritten each time.

Short A: Yes. HubSpot has two options.

Longer A:

Your best option may be to use progressive profiling in forms. Basically, you'd create a set of custom contact properties and display them in succession as needed on each form submission -- e.g., submission-01, submission-02, submission-03, submission-04, etc.. Subsequent properties display only AFTER previous properties are populated during previous form submissions.

This method retains all property values in an active state for use in HubSpot lists, emails, and workflows.

- see Use progressive profiling in forms

If you only need to 'see' the historical record of changes, HubSpot already stores this information in the property history for your properties.

- see View property history

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution now.

Best,
Frank

Author, the Perfect HubSpot Series

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Q: I have a form that Contacts are likely to submit multiple times. Is there a Contact property (form field) that can retain data over multiple submissions? Currently, the field I'm using is overwritten each time.

Short A: Yes. HubSpot has two options.

Longer A:

Your best option may be to use progressive profiling in forms. Basically, you'd create a set of custom contact properties and display them in succession as needed on each form submission -- e.g., submission-01, submission-02, submission-03, submission-04, etc.. Subsequent properties display only AFTER previous properties are populated during previous form submissions.

This method retains all property values in an active state for use in HubSpot lists, emails, and workflows.

- see Use progressive profiling in forms

If you only need to 'see' the historical record of changes, HubSpot already stores this information in the property history for your properties.

- see View property history

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution now.

Best,
Frank

Author, the Perfect HubSpot Series

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
ironshield
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks Frank.

The Progressive Profiling would require multiple fields/properties?  Correct?

The only option that HubSpot provides that would allow any number of form submissions to track a single field is the "history" of the field?

Thanks again for the clarification.

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

>>"The Progressive Profiling would require multiple fields/properties?"

Correct

>>"The only option that HubSpot provides that would allow any number of form submissions to track a single field is the "history" of the field?"

Correct

Additional Information

- see Property field types in HubSpot

- see [Now Live] Upload Multiple Files at once to your Forms

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes