Lead Capture Tools

EK5

Creating multiple tracking urls

SOLVE

Hi,

We are needing to track responses to a survey on a Landing Page, connecting them to a record in HubSpot. There will be multiple ways a person can access the survey and we want to capture which way they used (via email link, sms link etc).

But we need to create 25,000+ tracking links. Does anyone know of a way that HubSpot can facilitate this? Current thinking is that we create the landing page, add email ID as a parameter, and source as another parameter in an excel and merge them all to create the tracking link and then pass it through bitly.

All contact records should be in hubspot already and all assets are in HSpot.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @EK5,

Have you considered asking for the email address in the survey and creating a separate survey for each channel? That way you wouldn't have to rely on parameters (which are not 100% reliable, depending on user behavior and browser settings) and there wouldn't be any ambiguity.

If that's not an option, then yes, either bulk creating these links in Excel is an option. Alternatively, you could use a workflow and set the property value of a single-line text property using personalization tokens, such as the email. That way, you could build your tracking URL using personalization tokens.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
EG2
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler . Yes we did consider asking for the email, but in our experience that deters people from continuing. We are using excel with personalisation tokens from HubSpot - but I am curious to know how a workflow would acheive this? Are you meaning that a workflow would append field x with field a and field b - creating the end of a tracking link in a contact record's fields?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @EK5 / @EG2,

My apologies, I missed this reply. Yes, once you create a custom single-line text property, you can use a workflow to set the property value and concatenate a URL and personalization tokens:

karstenkoehler_0-1665655115673.png

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @EK5,

Have you considered asking for the email address in the survey and creating a separate survey for each channel? That way you wouldn't have to rely on parameters (which are not 100% reliable, depending on user behavior and browser settings) and there wouldn't be any ambiguity.

If that's not an option, then yes, either bulk creating these links in Excel is an option. Alternatively, you could use a workflow and set the property value of a single-line text property using personalization tokens, such as the email. That way, you could build your tracking URL using personalization tokens.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler