Lead Capture Tools

elenapetrov
Participant

Create popup inside a Hubspot form

I tried adding a popup box to be shown on another Hubspot form, on exit intent, but it's not firing. 

Is it because popups can't be added to other HS forms? Or else?

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
Crystal_Hopper
Key Advisor

Hi @elenapetrov ! First off, thank you for the idea. I'd not thought to put an exit intent pop up form on another page...like our demo request page. But now it seems so obvious. 

And, that's what I just did. I built a simple pop up form and set it to fire on exit intent or after 40 seconds on the page. The page is a Landing Page with a form that we use as our demo request page. 

Nothing happened. I tried it in Chrome, IE and Edge. The pop up never appeared. Nothing in the Hubspot documents says that this shouldn't work. The pages clearly say that pop up forms work on Landing Pages and most Landing Pages have a form of some kind. 

Did you reach out to support and see what they say about this?

Did my post solve the questions or challenge? Please mark it as a solution for others to find.
elenapetrov
Participant

Hi @Crystal_Hopper! I'm glad I inspired you to do the same thing and sorry to hear it didn't work for you either.

I haven't written to support yet (not sure I have access to support - we're on the free plan) but I did a lot of research before and nothing indicated this would not work.

I'll see about support and update you when/if I have their answer.

Have a great day!

0 Upvotes
elenapetrov
Participant

I chatted with somebody from Hubspot who confirmed that popup forms cannot be added to other HS forms, BUT they surely can be added to HS landing pages if you embed a form on one.

Crystal_Hopper
Key Advisor

Well, it would appear I need to talk to support next and find out why a pop up form wouldn't appear on a Landing Page with an embedded form. Thanks for the follow up and additional information!!

Did my post solve the questions or challenge? Please mark it as a solution for others to find.
elenapetrov
Participant

Good luck, I hope it gets solved. Please let me know if it does.

0 Upvotes
Crystal_Hopper
Key Advisor

That's an interesting idea! I'm going to go try it right now. I'll let you know what my results are.