Create multiple leads from a single page

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi there,

Here is a brief example of what I am trying to accomplish. I have an application page set up that has an application form which collects company information and the primary record holders contact info for their company.

Some companies have multiple contacts for different departments, all of these contacts should be considered as individual contact records as we would like to track any emails that are sent to them, calls made, and their interaction on our website.

The Problem:

The form we have set up allows the person filling out the form to insert additional points of contacts/leads for their company departments as separate text fields. Unbfortunately, this requires the person who is processing the application on our end to then go in and manually create individual contact records in hubspot for all the additional contacts that were submitted in the application - this is very time consuming.

I thought about creating multiple forms on that same page (or even a series of "steps" directed through thank you pages) below the application form that can be filled out and submitted as additioanl contacts/leads.

The problem is, because these are new forms, the person inputting the contacts into the form would have to re-add the company address, company name, info, etc, under each contact record. This essentially would push the problem we are having on the person submitting the form which leads to a bad user experience.

The Question:

Is there a way for me to have the company info automatically added in each additional contact record form but as hidden fields so that the person inputting the record doesn't have to re-fill all that info? It would have to steal that information from the original application form submitted, but I don't know if that's even possible.

Maybe I am over-complicating this. I'm not aware of an easier way to do this. Any one have an idea or a possible work-around to this? Greately appreciated!

I hope this post makes sense... haha

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Highlighted
Community Thought Leader | Diamond Partner

Hi @Stratshock 

Good description - thanks for all the info. 

Bascially, there is no way to do this natively with one HubSpot form. But you could do it by creating a custom form that is submitted via API.

There may also be a way to put multiple forms on one page, hide some of the submit buttons and get them all to submit on one button press, but it's hacky and probably wouldn't work for long. 

Another option, if it would work in your situation, would be to capture contact and company details in a first form, then show a different form on a second page. If the second contact's email domain matches the first's they can be associated with the company qucikly or automatically. On the second form, you would turn of cookies/prepopulation, and on submit just reload the page. I might have missed something, but it might work too. 

Hope this helps somehow.

Phil Vallender | Inbound marketing for B2B technology companies
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I thought of doing that and letting the email domain associate itself with the company, problem is, some of the clients only use gmail, hotmail, live, yahoo, etc.

It may be a start. I think no matter what, we might be forced to still do some manual entry.

0 Upvotes