Lead Capture Tools

matteopadovan
Participant

Convert Live Chat conversation to email

SOLVE

Hi,

I hope this is the right section,  I cannot find a specific Live Chat section, anyway this is my problem.

I included the Hubspot Live Chat in my site, but when a user contacts me in the chat I am not able to understand from my dashboard if the user is still online or not. Is there a way to do this?

Furthermore when a user is clearly not online anymore, I still have the ability to answer to that chat. I made some tests and if I answer to an offline user he/she doesn't receive any notification email (even if they left their email address before disconnecting), so those messeges that I write just lie there without any use.

How is this supposed to work? I thought that if I answered the user would still receive my messages by email.

Thanks

Matteo

1 Accepted solution
SeanReid
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi Matt,

It's not a feature at the moment, but I found this thread on our ideas forum. It looks like it is something that we have on our roadmap for the future, so I'd recommend keeping an eye on that thread by commenting on it so you can get updated when it is added.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
Dhemes

SOLVE

Click the Android in Devices list. 2) Turn to top toolbar and press "Export Contacts to File" button or go File -> Export Contacts to File. Tip: Or you can right click the Android in Devices list and then choose "Export Contacts to File". 1) Check the contacts in the contacts list on main interface.

Regards,

Will

0 Upvotes
DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Dhemes, hope you are doing well!

Thanks for sharing 🙂

Best,

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
ukhubspot
Participant

SOLVE

I find it weird that this is being called a feature. It's a pretty necessary part of live chat so I hope we see it soon.

0 Upvotes
matteopadovan
Participant

SOLVE

Hi guys! I have to say that I completely solved this problem switching to Crisp Chat, that works great and you can pass between chat and email conversations whenever you want, you have the map of your current site visitors too. They don't offer all of the services of HubSpot, it's not a complete CRM, but for me, as I only need a simple live chat, it's great. 

0 Upvotes
crebillon
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Eric,

Our team would be super interested in switching channels from chats to emails.
Is the beta still open and ongoing?
If not, how soon can we expect this feature to be generally available?

Thanks,
Charlotte

0 Upvotes
EricRthePM
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

My name is Eric and I am a PM on the Conversations team working on an exciting new feature that  allows Inbox users to switch their communication channel with a visitor from chat to email and keep the conversation going within the same thread. If you are interested in getting early access to this feature and having your feedback heard, I’d love for you to express your interest by filling out the form linked below.

Channel Switching opt in

Please note: As this feature is in early testing, we’re slowly introducing it to early requestors. Once selected to participate, we’ll reach out to let you know!

SeanReid
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi Matt,

It's not a feature at the moment, but I found this thread on our ideas forum. It looks like it is something that we have on our roadmap for the future, so I'd recommend keeping an eye on that thread by commenting on it so you can get updated when it is added.