Lead Capture Tools

KSE12
Participant

Contact Form Submission

I have a notice that my "Contact" form Submission is not counted.  What does this mean?  I see that the conact card is created and the contact is filtering into the appropriate workflows.  Just not sure what the "Submission not counted" is referring to and how to correct it.

HS Submission not counted.GIF

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
filipg
Contributor

Contact Form Submission

Thanks, I raised it with the support, will update you all if I find out more 🙂

filipg
Contributor

Contact Form Submission

Same question! Some submissions are filtered for no apparent reason!

0 Upvotes
natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

Contact Form Submission

Hi @filipg ,

I've found another scenario where this message appears-  when your Forms API does not include the HubSpot usertoken (hutk) and IP address (ipAdress) in the context data. 

You can find more information in this documentation (under "Optional Parameters").

If the "hutk" string isn't used in your Forms API, then HubSpot isn't able to retrieve the cookie data placed in the visitor's IP address and/or associate their browser cookie and page view data with the contact record that's created. To resolve this, you'd have to include "hutk" and "IP address" in the context data of your Forms API set up so it can collect the visitor's analytical data successfully.

If you think this isn't the case, I'd recommend reaching out to the Customer Support via "Help" button within your account so that they can have a closer look at your contacts. And feel free to share what you find with them so that we all can learn from your example!

0 Upvotes
KSE12
Participant

Contact Form Submission

THank you for the help, but none seem to make sence.  All contacts are from various IP address across the US, not sure how a bot could filter as I don't have one in use.  Form was not from a blog.  I will ask HS support as this seems out of sorts for the platform.   Huge thank you.  -Christine

0 Upvotes
natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

Contact Form Submission

That sounds good @KSE12 .

It would be great if you could share the result after consulting with the Support Team so that other Community members can refer to this thread in the future:)

0 Upvotes
natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

Contact Form Submission

Thank you for your post @KSE12 .

I researched about "Submission not counted" message and found that this message would appear under these scenarios:

- This came from an excluded IP address

- This was a filtered bot activity  

- This was a blog comment submission

Does this make sense to those contacts you highlighted?