Lead Capture Tools

EPortillo
Mitglied

Contact Form Submission same email twice

lösung

Hi!

I'm kind of new to using Hubspot, so I was wondering...does anyone know how not to allow users to submit more than once a contact form with the same email address? We just noticed that in the same contact form, you could register endless times using the same email. We'd like to display a pop-up screen for those users that have already submitted the form saying "you already subscribe"

Thank you!

1 Akzeptierte Lösung
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @EPortillo,

Correct, this is expected behavior. As far as I know, this cannot be prevented. While HubSpot can run some preliminary checks right in the browser (e.g. exclude contacts with freemail addresses), a HubSpot form is not looking up a record in the CRM in the background in the moment of the form submission. Instead, the form takes the submission and passes it into the CRM to update or create a new record.

Since HubSpot is not looking up a record, it's not possible to prevent multiple submissions. (Just consider the implications of what that would mean if it was possible. Users could check whether a company has specific contacts in their CRM simply by attempting to submit a form.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

0 Upvotes
1 Antwort
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @EPortillo,

Correct, this is expected behavior. As far as I know, this cannot be prevented. While HubSpot can run some preliminary checks right in the browser (e.g. exclude contacts with freemail addresses), a HubSpot form is not looking up a record in the CRM in the background in the moment of the form submission. Instead, the form takes the submission and passes it into the CRM to update or create a new record.

Since HubSpot is not looking up a record, it's not possible to prevent multiple submissions. (Just consider the implications of what that would mean if it was possible. Users could check whether a company has specific contacts in their CRM simply by attempting to submit a form.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes