Lead Capture Tools

Sassika
Contributor

Confirm email address in a form

SOLVE

Hi there,

Is there a way we can get our clients to enter in their email twice in a form to make sure it is correct?

At the moment it only asks htem to enter their email address once and sometimes this is incorrect and goes through to our database and creates a new contact record.

We want the ability for hte contact to enter their email in twice and the system compare them to make sure they are a match. If they don't match then they can't subit the form and have to enter the email in again.

Like a verification/check to make sure the email address is correct.

1 Accepted solution
Tnichs
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

HI, HubSpot has some automatic validation rules for the email property in forms.  From their FAQ page https://knowledge.hubspot.com/forms/forms-faq#form-field-validation

Email addresses entered into the Email field on a HubSpot form are immediately validated by HubSpot. If the email address is not valid (does not exist, is misspelled, etc.), the form cannot be submitted. You can also block specific email domains or validate phone numbers in form submissions.

If you want to build a form with custom validation rules, you can work with your developer to integrate your custom form with HubSpot using the HubSpot Forms API.

Hope that helps.

klood digital, become the HubSpot Hero

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
KeyWestScott
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Believe what was being asked, was not in relation to the domain name (though HS does NOT accurately do this), but in reference to the persons name on the email.

Example jhon@someemail.com when it should have been john@someemail.com

Scott

Tnichs
Solution

SOLVE

HI, HubSpot has some automatic validation rules for the email property in forms.  From their FAQ page https://knowledge.hubspot.com/forms/forms-faq#form-field-validation

Email addresses entered into the Email field on a HubSpot form are immediately validated by HubSpot. If the email address is not valid (does not exist, is misspelled, etc.), the form cannot be submitted. You can also block specific email domains or validate phone numbers in form submissions.

If you want to build a form with custom validation rules, you can work with your developer to integrate your custom form with HubSpot using the HubSpot Forms API.

Hope that helps.

klood digital, become the HubSpot Hero
donrua
Top Contributor

SOLVE

"mail addresses entered into the Email field on a HubSpot form are immediately validated by HubSpot. If the email address is not valid (does not exist, is misspelled, etc.), the form cannot be submitted. "

The above statement seems provably incorrect. It appears they validate for format, but not "does exist".
I just made up an email: 

donruafffffuuuuu222233@gmail.com

As it's built off of my uncommon name, and carried to extremes, I am very confident this email does not exist anywhere. I have dont this multiple times with made up email addresses. It appears that the following is true "Hubspot does NOT validate if an email exists". 

We have thousands of invalid emails submitted via our HS forms over the years. I run them constantly through 3rd party validators (Neverbounce, EmailHippo), and they show up invalid, or they hard bounce in HS, but they were allowed via the HS form 'validation'.

If I am incorrect, please advise.

donrua_0-1659036048284.png

PromoPol
Participant

SOLVE

Just a thougt; would it be possible to make a form with only the email address field to be entered? Then set up a rule to send an email to that new contact email address and check if it does not bounce. If yes, delete. If no, then send a link to a second subscription form with prefilled email address and asking to enter all other needed fields for a subscription.
I need to experiment this myself, but any advice is welcome.

0 Upvotes
KRohlf

SOLVE

Did you ever find a solution? Seems crazy for hubspot not to have a way for people to validate or confirm if email is correct as they are filling out the form

MBrandt

SOLVE

I am having the same problem.  I have "repeat email" in my form so that contacts will input their email twice to ensure it is correct.  Does hubspot compare the two inputs and reject the form until they match?  example - fred johnson gives his email as fjohnson@expanse.com in "email" then fjonson@expanse.com in the "repeat email".  Form is approved, contact is established, with the "repeat email" as the contact's only email - and that email is incorrect!