Lead Capture Tools

Senior-Potato

Conditional lead flow

SOLVE

Hi gang. I'd like to build a lead flow that slides in on one of the landing pages on our own site but have it only trigger when the visitor comes from a Hubspot landing page. Can we do this? 

Here's the situation - we are building a Hubspot landing page for a campaign coming up that has 3 CTAs that go to 3 separate landing pages on our own site. The goal is to segment the visitors and get them to where the information is. But then, once they are reading the info, we want the lead flow to slide out (on our own landing pages) requesting a presentation. But we don't want this to slide out for just anyone who comes to these landing pages - just those who are coming from the Hubspot landing page. 

Any ideas?

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

Conditional lead flow

SOLVE

2000px-Ok_sign_font_awesomeDoes my post help answer your question?

Help the Community by marking it as SOLVED

Q: I'd like to build a lead flow that slides in on one of the landing pages on our own site but have it only trigger when the visitor comes from a Hubspot landing page. Can we do this?

Short A: Sure. Use utm parameters.

Longer A:

We've successrully used .js to descern referrer source on non-HubSpot pages in the past, but if the .js needs to trigger before the entire page loads it can slow rendering ... blah ... blah ... blah.

With Lead Flows you can target specific page URLs. And those URLs can contain specific utm parameters. (see image)

hubspot-leadflows-options-example-utm-parameter.png

Here's what the Lead Flow looks like when it fires on that URL. (see image)

hubspot-leadflows-example-utm-parameter.png

You try!

Test The Page WITH The UTM Parameter -- Lead Flow fires! (after 7 seconds or on exit intent)

Test The Page WITHOUT The UTM Parameter -- No Lead Flow!

IMPORTANT NOTE:  Remember, our Lead Flow (once dismissed) will not appear again for 24 hours. You'll need to clear your cookies if you need to test repeatedly.

Imagine the possibilities when adding utm parameters that indicate buyer persona &/or buyer's journey stage. The levels of granualirity are superhero-like even. haha

Hope that helps solve your use case.

Best,

Frank

share-on-Linkedin-Button-75x19.png 

hubspot-forum-signature-badge-v01.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Please include @MFrankJohnson if you'd like me to respond.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

Conditional lead flow

SOLVE

Thanks ... just HubSpot!

Best,

Frank

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

Conditional lead flow

SOLVE

2000px-Ok_sign_font_awesomeDoes my post help answer your question?

Help the Community by marking it as SOLVED

Q: I'd like to build a lead flow that slides in on one of the landing pages on our own site but have it only trigger when the visitor comes from a Hubspot landing page. Can we do this?

Short A: Sure. Use utm parameters.

Longer A:

We've successrully used .js to descern referrer source on non-HubSpot pages in the past, but if the .js needs to trigger before the entire page loads it can slow rendering ... blah ... blah ... blah.

With Lead Flows you can target specific page URLs. And those URLs can contain specific utm parameters. (see image)

hubspot-leadflows-options-example-utm-parameter.png

Here's what the Lead Flow looks like when it fires on that URL. (see image)

hubspot-leadflows-example-utm-parameter.png

You try!

Test The Page WITH The UTM Parameter -- Lead Flow fires! (after 7 seconds or on exit intent)

Test The Page WITHOUT The UTM Parameter -- No Lead Flow!

IMPORTANT NOTE:  Remember, our Lead Flow (once dismissed) will not appear again for 24 hours. You'll need to clear your cookies if you need to test repeatedly.

Imagine the possibilities when adding utm parameters that indicate buyer persona &/or buyer's journey stage. The levels of granualirity are superhero-like even. haha

Hope that helps solve your use case.

Best,

Frank

share-on-Linkedin-Button-75x19.png 

hubspot-forum-signature-badge-v01.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Please include @MFrankJohnson if you'd like me to respond.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
Senior-Potato

Conditional lead flow

SOLVE

Genius! Thanks @MFrankJohnson!

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

Conditional lead flow

SOLVE

Thanks ... just HubSpot!

Best,

Frank

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes