Lead Capture Tools

helen_c
Contributor

Conditional content in forms

SOLVE

Hi all, 

What I want to do feels incredibly simple, but it seems like that isn't the case in HubSpot... 

I'm attempting to edit one of our forms. In the updated version, question 1would be a dropdown with 3 options. Selecting one of these options will show the rest of the form as it currently exists. Selecting one of the other two options will instead show text directing the prospect elsewhere. 

Am I right in thinking this kind of conditional formatting isn't available in standard form builder and would require custom coding? I've scoured a few posts already and this is the gist that I'm getting. 

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @helen_c,

This is currently not possible. Form buttons or rich text can't be made conditional, as far as I know. Here you'd have to evaluate third-party solutions that integrate with HubSpot. (I'm not aware of any.)

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @helen_c,

There is a feature for this in HubSpot, dependent form fields, however they're limited to Marketing and CMS Hub Professional or higher.

If you have access to one of these subscriptions, you can follow the steps in the article linked above. Below those subscription, this can unfortunately not be achieved natively.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
helen_c
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks. We have an enterprise Marketing subscription, so I can see the dependent form fields and have built those out as much as possible. That covers one version of what I'm trying to do, but I'm unable to create the version where the selection displays only text (rich text field). In that version, I'd ideally like to remove the 'Submit' button, but I don't think that's possible?  

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @helen_c,

This is currently not possible. Form buttons or rich text can't be made conditional, as far as I know. Here you'd have to evaluate third-party solutions that integrate with HubSpot. (I'm not aware of any.)

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes