Lead Capture Tools

gdooley
Participant

Collected forms not pulling in full phone number. Suggestions?

SOLVE

I have a couple of contact forms on our website which include an optional phone number in the following format: (###) ### ####

However, when this form is collected by HubSpot and a contact record is created, the phone number is missing the area code so it is collected as follows: ### ####

Obviously, this creates a problem as we can't see the full phone number when we open up the contact in HubSpot. Any suggestions?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @gdooley . The best bet here is if you can format the Squarespace form to input the number into one field. If not, I'm almost certain a single text field will work as the tool is looking phone field and will import any value. However, the HubSpot phone field is numbers only, so if some adds ext. 3489  it most likely won't import the value.  

Ed

INBOUND 2017 is just around the corner. Find out more at inbound.com or check out the post on the main Community page.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @gdooley If you have the area code defined on the form as a seperate field, you will need to change that on the form in order for HubSpot to pick it up correctly. By default, we don't recognize the area code field due to the fact that we regularly deal with international concerns using different phone number formats. 

Ed

INBOUND 2017 is just around the corner. Find out more at inbound.com or check out the post on the main Community page.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
gdooley
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks! The single line text works.

0 Upvotes
gdooley
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for your reply. I'm using a Squarespace form which includes the phone number as 3 separate fields. What will HubSpot recognize? Should I change it to just a text box?

0 Upvotes
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @gdooley . The best bet here is if you can format the Squarespace form to input the number into one field. If not, I'm almost certain a single text field will work as the tool is looking phone field and will import any value. However, the HubSpot phone field is numbers only, so if some adds ext. 3489  it most likely won't import the value.  

Ed

investwaygroup

SOLVE

Is there any way you can help me please. There is nothing that I do that seems to work. Everything else is importing except the phone number. I changed to mobile number and it doesn't work either way. Can you please help?

0 Upvotes