Lead Capture Tools

lglasbergen

Collected Forms - What's wrong with my forms? Submissions not collected...

SOLVE

We have custom forms on our website, where can I find more documentation on prerequisities for succesfully collecting form submissions? At this moment they are not collected and I would like to understand why and fix it!

Thanks

Laurens

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
BrettLanguirand
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hello @lglasbergen,

It doesn't appear that the Collected Forms tool is recognizing a form on your website.  I took the following information from this article, can you please verify that your form doesn't have one of these variables?

What kind of forms work with the Collected Forms tool?

Provided your form is a static HTML form, wrapped in a HTML <form> tag and not contained inside an <iframe>, HubSpot should be able to capture the submissions.  

Some common reasons why the tool would not be able to capture submissions on forms:

• Form not enclosed in <form> tags
  • Form contained inside an <iframe>
  • Form has JavaScript bound to form submit event or submit button click event. This is how the tool captures submissions and any other events can prevent HubSpot from knowing when submissions occur
  • Form was introduced after the page completed loading. The tool scans the page as soon as it loads and listens to submissions on forms that were present at that point.
  • Form contained a sensitive field, such as credit card number.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
BKaplan

SOLVE

Hi,

I'm receiving the same issue on my registration form: https://beemyguest.io/user-registration/ 

Hubspot is recognizing other forms but not the user registration. I checked the code and it's using <frame> not <iframe>. We're using an email type and submit type button.

Any thoughts for why this would not be working?

0 Upvotes
AngelaHicks
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi Laurens,

There's a frequently asked questions page here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/collected-forms/frequently-asked-questions-for-le...

Specifically, take a look at "Does Collected Forms work with my form builder?"

If this doesn't address your question, if you could post a URL to where you've added a form I may be able to get you some more details! 

Best,
Angela | HubSpot Academy
0 Upvotes
lglasbergen

SOLVE

Thx, i think we have too much custom javascript in our forms ... 😞 

let me check with the developers how we can work around this.

theoliver001

SOLVE

Hi guys,

I seem to have a similar issue on my forms. I use the free Marketing and Sales product. I've installed the tracking code which seems to be recognized, however collected forms doesn't recognize my forms... 

Here's my form:

http://www.myireland.fr/visiter-dublin-en-3-jours/

There's no iframe and is in a <form> tag.

I don't understand what's going on... Could you help please? 

Cheers

Olivier

0 Upvotes
MayPascaud
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @theoliver001, I was wondering whether you are still using the Collected Forms tool, and whether your submissions still are not getting registered for this particular form? If so, let me know, and I can take a closer look! -May

0 Upvotes
BrettLanguirand
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hello @lglasbergen,

It doesn't appear that the Collected Forms tool is recognizing a form on your website.  I took the following information from this article, can you please verify that your form doesn't have one of these variables?

What kind of forms work with the Collected Forms tool?

Provided your form is a static HTML form, wrapped in a HTML <form> tag and not contained inside an <iframe>, HubSpot should be able to capture the submissions.  

Some common reasons why the tool would not be able to capture submissions on forms:

• Form not enclosed in <form> tags
  • Form contained inside an <iframe>
  • Form has JavaScript bound to form submit event or submit button click event. This is how the tool captures submissions and any other events can prevent HubSpot from knowing when submissions occur
  • Form was introduced after the page completed loading. The tool scans the page as soon as it loads and listens to submissions on forms that were present at that point.
  • Form contained a sensitive field, such as credit card number.
0 Upvotes