Lead Capture Tools

TG3

City and Province fields in NinjaForms website form do not sync to HubSpot

SOLVE

I want Hubspot to capture contact data from my website newsletter signup form.

My website uses NinjaForms for its webforms. NinjaForms has an addon that uses an API to sync with HubSpot. (NinjaForms also has an addon to sync to MailChimp. Both are active on my site.) The sync works perfectly except for two fields—City and Province—which do not sync to HubSpot (they sync perfectly to MailChimp). These two fields are set as Text field types on the website, rather than Address field types (because that is needed to sync correctly with MailChimp when only 1 or 2 address fields are in a form). The problem is: The City and Province columns in HubSpot remain empty.

What is needed for HubSpot to correctly sync up with this data?

Your help is greatly appreciated!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Whathcock
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

HI @TG3 ,

If you're unable to sync to the default City and Province fields created by HubSpot because they're not text field types, you could try creating your own, custom properties for City and Province and syncing to those instead. Going forward, you'll just need to keep in mind not to use the HubSpot default properties for anything, and instead use your custom properties.

You can find the instructions for how to create a custom property here.

Hope this helps,

Whitney

signature.png

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Whathcock
Solution

SOLVE

HI @TG3 ,

If you're unable to sync to the default City and Province fields created by HubSpot because they're not text field types, you could try creating your own, custom properties for City and Province and syncing to those instead. Going forward, you'll just need to keep in mind not to use the HubSpot default properties for anything, and instead use your custom properties.

You can find the instructions for how to create a custom property here.

Hope this helps,

Whitney

signature.png

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.
TG3

SOLVE

Thank you! Greatly appreciated! 😃

0 Upvotes