Lead Capture Tools

tracysteel1
参加者 | Solutions Partner
参加者 | Solutions Partner

Check if email added to form by user is already a contact

解決

I have a bit of a bespoke set up for something where I have a Db of users that I imported as contacts and those contacts are invited by an email via Hubspot to complete forms for additional information. Off the back of that, there are workflows that are dependant on other fields attached to that existing contact.

What has happened, is that some people who are not in the Db as existing contacts (but from the same company/domain), are coming to fill the forms. I do not want new records for people as a lot of workflows depend on the combination of new and existing data on that one contact record.

So, my question is, is it possible to check if email address exists - if exists, allow the continuation of form filling, if not, then I could create a modal, or grey out the email field?

OR, is there an efficient way to allow only an email adress with a domain that matches the email link cookie? So they could overwrite the email field but it stay on the same record?

Note: I am aware you can switch off the create new records with new email adresses/smart form thing but that is system wide and would adversly affect other things.

I hope that make sense! Any pointers in the right direction would be very much appreciated.

0 いいね!
1件の承認済みベストアンサー
Daniel_Bleich
解決策
キーアドバイザー

解決

Hi,

What about adding the DB contacts to an active list and using that active list as the enrollment trigger to your workflows, this way you know that only people from the list are being enrolled.

Daniel Bleichman
Marketing | AudioCodes

Danielbleichman@gmail.com
Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

元の投稿で解決策を見る

3件の返信
Daniel_Bleich
解決策
キーアドバイザー

解決

Hi,

What about adding the DB contacts to an active list and using that active list as the enrollment trigger to your workflows, this way you know that only people from the list are being enrolled.

Daniel Bleichman
Marketing | AudioCodes

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
tracysteel1
参加者 | Solutions Partner
参加者 | Solutions Partner

解決

Hi, thanks for the response. I do have parameters to ensure only the Db people are able to complete the whole process. The problem is when an unknown user comes along and expects the process to work, so I need to be able to stop them. In fact I could add unknowns to an active list and email them an alert come to think of it - hmm, thank you!! 🙂 

0 いいね!
Daniel_Bleich
キーアドバイザー

解決

Great happy to help!

Daniel Bleichman
Marketing | AudioCodes

0 いいね!