Lead Capture Tools

nickec
Participant

Chatflow Slack integration doesn't show email

Hi, we are using the HubSpot app for Slack. The issue we have is that the conversation does not update in Slack when the person provides their email address. This would help us to know how to respond to the prospect since if we have the email already, we can tell them that we will send them the information via email rather than in the chat (e.g., pricing). Before sending such information, we want to know that the prospect is genuine and has provided us with their work email address, which is not always the case. Thanks, Nick

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
nickec
Participant

Regarding @PamCotton 's message: I do not see any additional options in Chatflows or the Slack integration to get the email update across to Slack.

Screenshot 2024-02-12 at 14.44.59.png

Could it be down to the fact that we are on a Starter subscription and, therefore, have fewer options?

@danmoyle, when the user submits their email in the Chatflow (which we have enabled - see below), Slack is not updated with that information. Here is a short video for clarity. Even if Slack did not show the submitted email, it would be helpful to know that they had.

Thanks for your help. Best, Nick

danmoyle
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Thanks for the video for context @nickec. I'm goijng to try and test this with my own HubSpot/Slack chat integration and see if I can find a solution for you. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
danmoyle

Hey there @nickec and welcome to Community. I've used the Slack/HubSpot integration for a while and it fits our needs. But I did see this review that made me think of the limitation you're running into: 

"Decent but could be better

Good but needs to provide more user activities data in Slack. For example, it'd be great to get alerts when users submit HubSpot forms on our website and the actual form data. Whereas, we only get slack alerts that include the user's contact name."

This makes me think that something like your thought that it would update Slack with each response (at least, that's my read on it) is less likely than getting a notice and then going into HubSpot for the actual chat. 

If I'm missing the point of your desired action for the integration, let me know. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @nickec, thank you for posting in our Community!

I recommend checking the settings within both HubSpot and Slack to ensure that the necessary permissions are enabled for capturing and displaying email addresses.

Additionally, you may want to review the workflow configuration in HubSpot to ensure that email address capture is properly set up within your chat flows. This step is crucial for ensuring that essential prospect information, such as their email address, is collected and visible within Slack.

To our top experts @Josh, @danmoyle, @YLeBorgne any recommendations for @nickec matter?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !