Change property type in form alone

SOLVE
LCarney
Participant

Hello! I have a form that asks contacts for their home state. In our database currently, we have many international contacts that have state filled in for non-US states. But this particular form will be for a US audience and I would like US states to be listed in a dropdown on the form (so we don't have typos or abbreviations to clean up). 

The property itself is single line text. I don't want to change the property itself and I don't believe I can make the state field a drop-down on the form alone (correct me if I'm wrong!) so, does anyone have any best practice solutions or ideas? I know I could create another property but then I have state data in two places which is annoying. This form will be a long term form. 

Thank you for your time!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Bryantworks
Solution
Key Advisor

Hey @LCarney for this instance, you would need to create a new field with the state dropdown. 

You could then use a workflow to push this to the native "State/Region" field so that you just continue referencing that?

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Bryantworks
Solution
Key Advisor

Hey @LCarney for this instance, you would need to create a new field with the state dropdown. 

You could then use a workflow to push this to the native "State/Region" field so that you just continue referencing that?

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
LCarney
Participant

Thank you @Bryantworks, I hadn't used workflows before. Works great!

0 Upvotes