Lead Capture Tools

LCarney
Participant

Change property type in form alone

SOLVE

Hello! I have a form that asks contacts for their home state. In our database currently, we have many international contacts that have state filled in for non-US states. But this particular form will be for a US audience and I would like US states to be listed in a dropdown on the form (so we don't have typos or abbreviations to clean up). 

The property itself is single line text. I don't want to change the property itself and I don't believe I can make the state field a drop-down on the form alone (correct me if I'm wrong!) so, does anyone have any best practice solutions or ideas? I know I could create another property but then I have state data in two places which is annoying. This form will be a long term form. 

Thank you for your time!

1 Accepted solution
Bryantworks
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hey @LCarney for this instance, you would need to create a new field with the state dropdown. 

You could then use a workflow to push this to the native "State/Region" field so that you just continue referencing that?

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
LHiller
Participant

SOLVE

We have a similar problem. We already use selection box properties that have also been filled in multiple times and are also used in workflows. We would now have to completely recreate these and add them everywhere, just to display them as dropdowns in forms.

0 Upvotes
LCarney
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you @Bryantworks, I hadn't used workflows before. Works great!

0 Upvotes
Bryantworks
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @LCarney for this instance, you would need to create a new field with the state dropdown. 

You could then use a workflow to push this to the native "State/Region" field so that you just continue referencing that?

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert
0 Upvotes