Lead Capture Tools

Abhihegde

Capturing reference sites on Hubspot forms

SOLVE

Hi I was hoping someone could help me here. I need to capture the referal site using hubspot forms. need to know where the prospect is coming in from. I am aware that UTM parameters is one way .. is there any other way of capturing the source ? any help is appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

0 Upvotes
3 Accepted solutions
ConnorSlivensky
Solution
Key Advisor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Depending on your subscription level this may or may not work for you.

If you go to the Analytics Tools under the Reports tab then hit traffic analytics you'll see a graph/chart. You can change the metric (I think sessions is what you'd want) and then if you click on the referral label in the table underneath it will breakdown where they came from. You can also go directly to a contact/customer from each site listed.  

Let me know if you have any more questions.

View solution in original post

Bryantworks
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hey @Abhihegde 

I think I can help you out here.  I use this method on several forms of my own and for my clients.  This post talks about adding the various utm fields as hidden to the forms you'd need and they should prepopulate correctly with the source information.

Hope this helps!

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert

MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

HubSpot Original Source data is also stored in each Contact record whether or not the referrer uses UTM parameters.

- see Understand 'Original source drill-down' properties

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

4 Replies 4
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

HubSpot Original Source data is also stored in each Contact record whether or not the referrer uses UTM parameters.

- see Understand 'Original source drill-down' properties

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
Bryantworks
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @Abhihegde 

I think I can help you out here.  I use this method on several forms of my own and for my clients.  This post talks about adding the various utm fields as hidden to the forms you'd need and they should prepopulate correctly with the source information.

Hope this helps!

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert
Abhihegde

SOLVE

Thank you Brayntworks for your suggestion. We are in the process of adding hidden fields in the form to capture UTM parameters. The link that you shared will definetly help us implement that. thanks again for sharing the information and your help.

Regards,

Abhishek

0 Upvotes
ConnorSlivensky
Solution

SOLVE

Depending on your subscription level this may or may not work for you.

If you go to the Analytics Tools under the Reports tab then hit traffic analytics you'll see a graph/chart. You can change the metric (I think sessions is what you'd want) and then if you click on the referral label in the table underneath it will breakdown where they came from. You can also go directly to a contact/customer from each site listed.  

Let me know if you have any more questions.