Lead Capture Tools

Marie_
Contributor

Capturing hidden fields from Gravity Forms

Help please! I can't work out how to pick up the hidden fields from a Gravity form on my wordpress website. I can see the code relating to one of the hidden field is as below. 

<li id="field_5_13" class="gfield gfield--width-full gform_hidden field_sublabel_below field_description_below gfield_visibility_visible" data-js-reload="field_5_13"><div class="ginput_container ginput_container_text"><input name="input_13" id="input_5_13" type="hidden" class="gform_hidden" aria-invalid="false" value="Internal Team"></div></li>

We have Hubspot code installed to capture the non-hubspot form. None of the hidden data fields are being captured at all. I'm don't even get any error message to match to a contact property.

Hopefully someone is able to provide me with some direction.

thanks

4 Replies 4
JKohlmeier
Contributor

Hey there,

A couple things to keep in mind:

The non-hubspot form will only bring over data when the property in HubSpot is a single-line text  field type.

They match to existing contact properties in HubSpot using logic in the following order:

1. field name with contact property internal name
  2. field label with contact property name
  3. field label with contact property internal name
  4. field name with contact property name

(https://knowledge.hubspot.com/forms/use-non-hubspot-forms#mapping-non-hubspot-form-fields-and-hubspo...)

Gravity Forms does have a HubSpot Add-on that gives you much more control on mapping submissions into HubSpot. I've had lots of luck with it on our sites. https://www.gravityforms.com/add-ons/hubspot/
margaret2
Participant

Hi @JKohlmeier ,

Thanks for your post. Right now, I am also using the HS code to capture our Gravity Form on our Wordpress site.

If I install the Gravity Forms HubSpot Add-on, should I remove the HS code we're currently using? Or can I leave both in place?

Thanks,

Margaret 

0 Upvotes
JKohlmeier
Contributor

@margaret2- Nope - keep using the HS code. That will continue to track Website Traffic and different actions that contacts take on your website. While the Gravity Forms add-on will match up form fields to HubSpot record properties with a little more control.

0 Upvotes
Marie_
Contributor

Thanks for the response.  I have created custom properties however they are not being found when the form is submitted. 

I will try the Hubspot add-on to see if this helps.

regards