Lead Capture Tools

PaulHoweDB5
Membre

Capturing contact information from a form on a landing page - import into list but not contacts?

Résolue

Good morning HubSpot community!

I have a quick question regarding the use of Forms on Landing Pages to sign up users into a custom list.

The task I have been given is this:

Create a form on a landing page that signs up contacts to a mailing list for us to distribute a newsletter to - simple!

I have done all of that and it is working well but the team would like for the new sign-ups to go into the mailing list, not the contact area as they are worried that irrelevant contacts may make their way into our CRM. E.g. an ex colleague from an old job signs up to the mailing list just to follow what you are currently doing in your current job. Is there anyway of doing this?

Personally the way I understand it is that ALL sign-ups, leads, etc go into the contact section and then are segmented via the lists feature or sorted through using the CRM filter system. Is this correct?

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
Bryantworks
Solution
Conseiller clé | Partenaire solutions Diamond

Capturing contact information from a form on a landing page - import into list but not contacts?

Résolue

Hey @PaulHoweDB5,

"Personally the way I understand it is that ALL sign-ups, leads, etc go into the contact section and then are segmented via the lists feature or sorted through using the CRM filter system. Is this correct?"

Tha'ts correct!  All contacts via form submissions would show in the CRM.  What I would suggest doing if a user never wants to see those is to add them to a suppression list for other email sends, and create a filter on the contacts view where you're looking at people who aren't in that list membership.  

Does that make sense?

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

2 Réponses
Bryantworks
Solution

Résolue

Hey @PaulHoweDB5,

"Personally the way I understand it is that ALL sign-ups, leads, etc go into the contact section and then are segmented via the lists feature or sorted through using the CRM filter system. Is this correct?"

Tha'ts correct!  All contacts via form submissions would show in the CRM.  What I would suggest doing if a user never wants to see those is to add them to a suppression list for other email sends, and create a filter on the contacts view where you're looking at people who aren't in that list membership.  

Does that make sense?

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert
PaulHoweDB5
Membre

Résolue

Hi @Bryantworks

Thanks for getting back to me. I was positive that was how it works but just wanted to get a second opinion to ensure. Feeding back to the team now. Really appreciate the help!

Thanks,

Thanks,

Paul

0 Votes