Lead Capture Tools

StevenGr
Participant

Capture timezone on meeting booking

SOLVE

Hey guys,

We've had an issue with a few users booking meetings at weird times relative to their timezones (3am their time for example), so we'd like to verify that they are actually selecting the correct timezone during the process and it's not an actual issue.

So given that, is there a way to view the timezone that they selected during that specific meeting process?

(Apologies if this is in the wrong area)

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Jnix284
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@StevenGr The meetings tool automatically converts your availability to their timezone, making it the default for them. It also gives them the option to change the timezone if needed. Unfortunately, the confirmation you receive is in your time zone (preferred and makes sense), but this doesn't let you catch issues like this.

There is a time zone property associated with Company records that might help you verify.

Jnix284_0-1661913028764.png

If you send it to someone across the world, they will see the list of time slots available, and if they've used a booking tool before they may not even notice the AM/PM because it looks like mid-day instead of mid-night.

This happens a lot for me with customers in Australia and New Zealand. Usually what I do when I know they are across the world or even just a few hours time difference, I let them know in my email with the link something like this, "I'm in Texas and my availablilty is US CT, if there isn't a time that works well in your time zone, please let me know and I'd be happy to open up time that will work better for you."

Other than knowing what country they are in, I don't think it's possible to see anywhere what time they booked the meeting in.

If you think it would be helpful to see their timezone on your meeting confirmation, you could add an idea here.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Jnix284
Solution

SOLVE

@StevenGr The meetings tool automatically converts your availability to their timezone, making it the default for them. It also gives them the option to change the timezone if needed. Unfortunately, the confirmation you receive is in your time zone (preferred and makes sense), but this doesn't let you catch issues like this.

There is a time zone property associated with Company records that might help you verify.

Jnix284_0-1661913028764.png

If you send it to someone across the world, they will see the list of time slots available, and if they've used a booking tool before they may not even notice the AM/PM because it looks like mid-day instead of mid-night.

This happens a lot for me with customers in Australia and New Zealand. Usually what I do when I know they are across the world or even just a few hours time difference, I let them know in my email with the link something like this, "I'm in Texas and my availablilty is US CT, if there isn't a time that works well in your time zone, please let me know and I'd be happy to open up time that will work better for you."

Other than knowing what country they are in, I don't think it's possible to see anywhere what time they booked the meeting in.

If you think it would be helpful to see their timezone on your meeting confirmation, you could add an idea here.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

StevenGr
Participant

SOLVE

Cheers for the reply Jennifer - I figured this may be the case, but it's ncie to have cofnirmation. 🙂

Jnix284

SOLVE

@StevenGr always happy to help, sometimes it just helps knowing your answer is the answer!

0 Upvotes