Lead Capture Tools

finn
トップ投稿者

Capture form submission date in contact

解決

How can I capture a form submission date and set a date propety on the contact with that date? 

3件の承認済みベストアンサー
Mike_Eastwood
解決策
キーアドバイザー | Gold Partner
キーアドバイザー | Gold Partner

解決

Hi @finn 

HubSpot automatiucally stores all the Form Sumbissions, dates and contacts automatically. You can find the From Submissions in the form admin, and view all the Submissions (a list of Contacts).

Assuming, from you question, you want to set a Custom Property in the Contact e.g. Registration Date then you would need to use Worklows triggered by a Form Submission... which requires Marketing Pro or Enterprise.

What version of HubSpot are you using?

Did I understand your question correctly?

Mike

元の投稿で解決策を見る

0 いいね!
Phil_Vallender
解決策
最優秀メンバー | Diamond Partner

解決

Hi @finn 

You should be able to complete this with just one workflow. 

Set the enrollment conditions to match whenever a contact has a value in the non-mandatory field, then use the set a contact property action to set a date time property with the current date. 

@JuliaMongeau actually posted about this in more detail recently: Use workflows to set a date stamp

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

元の投稿で解決策を見る

MFrankJohnson
解決策
ソートリーダー

解決

Use the 'Date of step' Set contact property value in your workflow.

- see image

HubSpot Workflow - Set Contact Property ValueHubSpot Workflow - Set Contact Property Value

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

元の投稿で解決策を見る

0 いいね!
13件の返信
HStevens92
メンバー

解決

HubSpot developers could you maybe make it so that we can create a hidden field in a form which just sets the date to the current date (not a static date)?

It's such a simple device that all other CRM and formbuilding tools can do and I'm shocked that I can't do this in HubSpot.

The reason is simple: when my users input their info via my form, I may then manually update some of the fields if they get in touch. When the time comes, I need to download the info of every contact who completed that form within a time range.

If I do this via the form submissions, it won't include any manual changes I did. So therefore I need to download this information as a contacts list. But I can't do this because there's no way of filtering the contacts list by people who filled in that form during a certain range of dates.

Therefore, for the love of God, can we just have a hidden field that allows us to stamp every submission with the date in which it was submitted without needing a £700 p/m upgrade to 'Pro'?

jasonashaw
投稿者

解決

Suggestion: Enable a hidden field when creating a form to autopopulate the data/time the form was submitted. We shouldn't need to create a workflow to date stamp a form submission. I know that the data is captured and usable to filter lists, etc, but not if you want to trigger automation or include the date for integrations. For example, I want to send an email and update a google sheet when a contact fills out a form. It is important to include the date yet there is no date field accessible to Zapier through the hubspot form submission. Thanks!

cjolivieri
参加者

解決

Agree. We use many forms so creating indivudal workflows to tag the submission date becomes burdensome. Being able to add the timestap property as a hidden field on the form and be able to apply the "date of step" when the user submits the form would make things much easier. Currently, having only a "default value" that would contain a static date regardless of when the form was submited seems useless.

ATawil
参加者

解決

I agree with this, we are facing the same issue and need the date of step to be passed along as a form submission for purposes of integrations that capture form submission.  If anybody has figured out a solution that doesn't involve upating the contact property outside of the form submission, please let me know.

MFrankJohnson
解決策
ソートリーダー

解決

Use the 'Date of step' Set contact property value in your workflow.

- see image

HubSpot Workflow - Set Contact Property ValueHubSpot Workflow - Set Contact Property Value

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 いいね!
VELUX_DS
参加者

解決

What if I want to see the date of form submission and not a fixed static date? 

0 いいね!
MFrankJohnson
ソートリーダー

解決

@VELUX_DS,

That's precisely what the "Date of step" option is for -- as long as your workflow runs on the same date the form was submitted! 🙂

- see original image (above)

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 いいね!
SilvanaPSI
参加者

解決

Hi - I have a similar question. I'm trying to set up a property called 'last form submission date', and I want to enroll all contacts who have already filled a form.

The goal is to have the last form submission date against all contacts. 

How can I do that?

Currently, the workflow set this property to the current date, and not the date the form was submitted...

0 いいね!
rscibett
参加者

解決

What about trying to populate a "Last Form Submission Date" field based on prior form submission? Possible? I know the WF can help moving forward.

0 いいね!
Mike_Eastwood
解決策
キーアドバイザー | Gold Partner
キーアドバイザー | Gold Partner

解決

Hi @finn 

HubSpot automatiucally stores all the Form Sumbissions, dates and contacts automatically. You can find the From Submissions in the form admin, and view all the Submissions (a list of Contacts).

Assuming, from you question, you want to set a Custom Property in the Contact e.g. Registration Date then you would need to use Worklows triggered by a Form Submission... which requires Marketing Pro or Enterprise.

What version of HubSpot are you using?

Did I understand your question correctly?

Mike

0 いいね!
finn
トップ投稿者

解決

I want to set a custom property in the contact (registration date), if the user has filled out a non-mandatory field in the form, but not if that form field is not filled out.

Ideally I am also looking for a solution where I 40 forms don't mean I have to build 40 workflows...

0 いいね!
Phil_Vallender
解決策

解決

Hi @finn 

You should be able to complete this with just one workflow. 

Set the enrollment conditions to match whenever a contact has a value in the non-mandatory field, then use the set a contact property action to set a date time property with the current date. 

@JuliaMongeau actually posted about this in more detail recently: Use workflows to set a date stamp

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
finn
トップ投稿者

解決

I have Marketing Pro

0 いいね!