Capture form submission date in contact

SOLVE
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

How can I capture a form submission date and set a date propety on the contact with that date? 

0 Upvotes
3 Accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions
Regular Advisor | Silver Partner

Hi @finn 

HubSpot automatiucally stores all the Form Sumbissions, dates and contacts automatically. You can find the From Submissions in the form admin, and view all the Submissions (a list of Contacts).

Assuming, from you question, you want to set a Custom Property in the Contact e.g. Registration Date then you would need to use Worklows triggered by a Form Submission... which requires Marketing Pro or Enterprise.

What version of HubSpot are you using?

Did I understand your question correctly?

Mike

0 Upvotes
Community Thought Leader | Diamond Partner

Hi @finn 

You should be able to complete this with just one workflow. 

Set the enrollment conditions to match whenever a contact has a value in the non-mandatory field, then use the set a contact property action to set a date time property with the current date. 

@JuliaMongeau actually posted about this in more detail recently: Use workflows to set a date stamp

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | Inbound marketing for B2B technology companies
0 Upvotes
Community Thought Leader

Use the 'Date of step' Set contact property value in your workflow.

- see image

workflows-set-date-stamp.pngHubSpot Workflow - Set Contact Property Value

Hope that helps.

Best,
Frank

MFrankJohnson-dot-com-HubSpot-Community-banner-gif-v20190817

0 Upvotes
8 Replies 8
Regular Advisor | Silver Partner

Hi @finn 

HubSpot automatiucally stores all the Form Sumbissions, dates and contacts automatically. You can find the From Submissions in the form admin, and view all the Submissions (a list of Contacts).

Assuming, from you question, you want to set a Custom Property in the Contact e.g. Registration Date then you would need to use Worklows triggered by a Form Submission... which requires Marketing Pro or Enterprise.

What version of HubSpot are you using?

Did I understand your question correctly?

Mike

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

I want to set a custom property in the contact (registration date), if the user has filled out a non-mandatory field in the form, but not if that form field is not filled out.

Ideally I am also looking for a solution where I 40 forms don't mean I have to build 40 workflows...

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

I have Marketing Pro

0 Upvotes
Community Thought Leader | Diamond Partner

Hi @finn 

You should be able to complete this with just one workflow. 

Set the enrollment conditions to match whenever a contact has a value in the non-mandatory field, then use the set a contact property action to set a date time property with the current date. 

@JuliaMongeau actually posted about this in more detail recently: Use workflows to set a date stamp

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | Inbound marketing for B2B technology companies
0 Upvotes
Community Thought Leader

Use the 'Date of step' Set contact property value in your workflow.

- see image

workflows-set-date-stamp.pngHubSpot Workflow - Set Contact Property Value

Hope that helps.

Best,
Frank

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

What about trying to populate a "Last Form Submission Date" field based on prior form submission? Possible? I know the WF can help moving forward.

0 Upvotes
Regular Visitor

What if I want to see the date of form submission and not a fixed static date? 

0 Upvotes
Community Thought Leader

@VELUX_DS,

That's precisely what the "Date of step" option is for -- as long as your workflow runs on the same date the form was submitted! Smiley Happy

- see original image (above)

Hope that helps.

Best,
Frank

0 Upvotes