Lead Capture Tools

PlanetPluto
Participante

Capture Lead comments on forms in wordpress

resolver

Hi, being still new and just creating my first embedded form on wordpress. Just wondered the best way of capturing comments from the lead. Is it simply matter of creating text field. If the lead comes back another time and and adds more information, is the text in the field concatenated or overwritten.

Additionally, is there any benefit in using Hubspot CF7 or Gravity plugins over a basic embed? Appologies if the questions are too basic. Thx

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
MFrankJohnson
Solución
Líder intelectual

resolver

Welcome @PlanetPluto ... no HubSpot question is too basic (or advanced) for this forum. 🙂

If you use a single Contact.comment property, that property will be overwritten each time a contact with that email address completes any form using that property.

That being said, the all historical values are still retained in the Contact History.
- see imageHubSpot Contact Property HistoryHubSpot Contact Property History

There are additional ways to retain comments in HubSpot properties, but NONE involve concatenation. Love that word! 🙂

++
Regarding CF7 and GF ...
While GF is arguably the most robust WP forms engine IMHO, the choice to use CF7 or GF is a personal one. BOTH port forms data to HubSpot, and that data ultimately ends up in contact properties, so ...

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

5 Respuestas 5
JRonald
Participante

resolver

Might be capable of have get admission to to tickets on cell when we switched to Service Hub for my article. This is extremely vital and some thing I used on a each day foundation with our previous provider.

0 Me gusta
MFrankJohnson
Solución
Líder intelectual

resolver

Welcome @PlanetPluto ... no HubSpot question is too basic (or advanced) for this forum. 🙂

If you use a single Contact.comment property, that property will be overwritten each time a contact with that email address completes any form using that property.

That being said, the all historical values are still retained in the Contact History.
- see imageHubSpot Contact Property HistoryHubSpot Contact Property History

There are additional ways to retain comments in HubSpot properties, but NONE involve concatenation. Love that word! 🙂

++
Regarding CF7 and GF ...
While GF is arguably the most robust WP forms engine IMHO, the choice to use CF7 or GF is a personal one. BOTH port forms data to HubSpot, and that data ultimately ends up in contact properties, so ...

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
PlanetPluto
Participante

resolver

Thanks for the reply. That was very helpful.

When comparing CF7 and Gravity forms, I'll take note.

What is your advice on comparing the funtionality of either form with Hubspot embed. Are there any advantages on using either plugins over just puting in the code for the form?

Thanks again.

0 Me gusta
MFrankJohnson
Líder intelectual

resolver

>>Are there any advantages on using either plugins over just puting in the code for the form?

Totally depends on your use case for your forms.

gravity-forms.pngWe've worked with GF extensively in the past, and GF offers SIGNIFICANTLY more features than most forms solutions (including raw HubSpot forms). That being said, the design roadmaps for the two tools were/are completely different -- i.e., native HS forms were designed as a lead capture component of HubSpot's core marketing platform while GF was designed as the proverbial Swiss army knife of WordPress forms ENGINES to include advanced conditional logic, calculated fields, save and continue, file uploads (with file type/size control), dependent fields, scheduling, submission counting, form expiration, custom post-types, polls, surveys, quizzes, etc.. The list of built-in features and GF add-ons is extensive.

We've rarely encountered a forms need that couldn't be satisfied when using GF. Worse case, add a little PHP. 🙂 AND, GF is now a premium HubSpot partner, so ...

We've only ever used HS forms code OR HS pages, so no comment on the WP HS plugin specifically. That being said, we suspect some of the typical WP plugin Pros (ease of implementation) and Cons (plugin bloat) may apply.

Hope that helps.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Me gusta
PlanetPluto
Participante

resolver

That's extremely helpful. Thanks very  much. It's been a while since I wrote some PHP. Not sure I'd trust myself with it now 🙂 . Cheers Jeff

0 Me gusta