Cannot make re-captcha invisible instead of photo grid

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I found the support article below but do not see the "Other Form Elements" in my form (exit popup) to disable captcha. Actually, I don't want to disable but want invisible recaptcha not the current captcha that brings up the match photo grid. Can anyone help?

Enable CAPTCHA

CAPTCHA adds a step to your form verifying that a visitor is not a robot before they can submit the form. To enable CAPTCHA on a form:

• In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Lead Capture > Forms.
  • Click the name of a form.
  • In the left pane, locate the Other Form Elements section and click to toggle the Captcha (SPAM Prevention) switch on.

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Community Manager

HI @merylh,

As @Bryantworks outlined here, there is currently no option to disable captcha within popup forms.

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
Occasional Contributor

I have the same issue, we do not want to disable captcha, but rather the captcha should be using the invisible method according to this hubspot help article.  Instead of invisible captcha it forces the user to go through the image selection process and we feel this is negatively impacting prospects from completing the form out of frustration because they do not understand how the image captcha works.

The article specifically states: 

"If you enable CAPTCHA, Google's invisible reCAPTCHA will appear on your form when it is added to a page. Instead of needing to check a box or solve a text/image challenge like traditional CAPTCHA, this invisible reCAPTCHA does not require any action from your visitors."

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/forms/prevent-spam-form-submissions

Community Manager

Hi @mattmpowr,

Do you mind sharing the page with the CAPTCHA where you are experiencing this issue? 

Thank you,

Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

We have sinced turned off Captcha, we were able to get a hold of support through a phone call and basically how the Captcha works and Googles algorithms try and determine what traffic/user is a bot or not is for lack of better words "is what it is".  Based on some internal testing the majority of users on a mobile device are being prompted for the image Captcha because Google is determining that they are likely a bot, one of our testers had to go through the image cycle 6 times and it still didn't let him proceed.

Looking at our data we are getting users to the form and they are spending nearly a minute on the form but we are not seeing conversions, our fear is that users are filling out their information but then being prompted with the image Captcha and it is then frustrating them and they bounce from the page without finishing the submission.  

For now we inserted a hidden non-required field into our forms, the honey pot method, where we hope removing Captcha gets us more submissions but with the hidden field detect bots.  Basically if the hidden field is filled we can safely assume that its a bot because humans will not see the hidden field on the form.