Lead Capture Tools

nthatcher-airbr
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Can you Upload videos in Forms?

lösung

We currently use Forms for customers to submit support tickets. One of the sections of the form is 'file upload' which states below 'Upload screenshots or code snippets to help us with troubleshooting'. 

My question is- Does file upload allows users to upload videos? If so, what length/size? Does it have to be a specific format? 

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
CHansen7
Lösung
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende | Diamond Partner

lösung

Hello @nthatcher-airbr,

The file upload property on tickets does allow for video uploads in forms. The file upload property is automatically created by HubSpot on the ticket object. When added to the form, there are some limits. I did some testing and found that 100 MB is the file size limit. I recorded a video at 720 x 1280 at about 30 frames per second and reached the 100 MB limit after about 100 seconds. This file was in MP4 and I was able to upload it. I would reason that higher quality videos (ex. 4k) that are a larger size would need to be shorter in length, and lower quality videos (ex. 480 p) with a smaller file size could be longer in length. Other variables may affect the size of the video that can be uploaded.

These limits could require some Help Text for this form field. A note with something like "100 MB file upload limit". If you wanted to be more precise you could say something like "For 4k videos please keep them less than ______ seconds. For 1080p videos keep them less than ________ seconds. For 720p videos keep them less than 100 seconds. For 480p videos keep them less than ________ seconds." I am not sure about the video length for 4k, 1080, and 480 when they are 100 MB. It may just be easier to have the simplified 100 MB limit Help Text. 

When a video is submitted, it can be found the same way another file is found. If you go to your Forms page where all the Forms can be seen, then click the number next to the desired form in the submissions column. This will take you to a view of the submissions of the form. At the bottom of the page will be a table. Just above the top right side of the table is a "Manage columns" link. When you click on this, you can edit the columns used in the table. You can add the "File Upload" column so you can quickly navigate to the files. Once added to the table, you can click "Save". The table will now show a hyperlink to the video. You can highlight the video link and paste it into a tab to view the video.

Another way to access the video is by going to the ticket that the video is included. Once at the ticket, on the left side of the record you can look for the "File Upload" property. If that property is not seen you can add it to your view by going to the "View all properties" button on the left, then search for the "File Upload" property. then hover over the property and on the right side a button appears saying " Add to your view". Click that button and return to the ticket. The "File Upload" field will now appear on the left side of the record.

Another note is, that when creating a Form there is a check box to "Allow multiple files". If this box is selected, it may affect the 100MB limit. But, I am not 100% sure.

If you have any questions, let me know. I hope this helps.

linkedin

Carson Hansen

Pearagon

Was I able to help answer your question? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

www.pearagon.com

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

3 Antworten
CHansen7
Lösung

lösung

Hello @nthatcher-airbr,

The file upload property on tickets does allow for video uploads in forms. The file upload property is automatically created by HubSpot on the ticket object. When added to the form, there are some limits. I did some testing and found that 100 MB is the file size limit. I recorded a video at 720 x 1280 at about 30 frames per second and reached the 100 MB limit after about 100 seconds. This file was in MP4 and I was able to upload it. I would reason that higher quality videos (ex. 4k) that are a larger size would need to be shorter in length, and lower quality videos (ex. 480 p) with a smaller file size could be longer in length. Other variables may affect the size of the video that can be uploaded.

These limits could require some Help Text for this form field. A note with something like "100 MB file upload limit". If you wanted to be more precise you could say something like "For 4k videos please keep them less than ______ seconds. For 1080p videos keep them less than ________ seconds. For 720p videos keep them less than 100 seconds. For 480p videos keep them less than ________ seconds." I am not sure about the video length for 4k, 1080, and 480 when they are 100 MB. It may just be easier to have the simplified 100 MB limit Help Text. 

When a video is submitted, it can be found the same way another file is found. If you go to your Forms page where all the Forms can be seen, then click the number next to the desired form in the submissions column. This will take you to a view of the submissions of the form. At the bottom of the page will be a table. Just above the top right side of the table is a "Manage columns" link. When you click on this, you can edit the columns used in the table. You can add the "File Upload" column so you can quickly navigate to the files. Once added to the table, you can click "Save". The table will now show a hyperlink to the video. You can highlight the video link and paste it into a tab to view the video.

Another way to access the video is by going to the ticket that the video is included. Once at the ticket, on the left side of the record you can look for the "File Upload" property. If that property is not seen you can add it to your view by going to the "View all properties" button on the left, then search for the "File Upload" property. then hover over the property and on the right side a button appears saying " Add to your view". Click that button and return to the ticket. The "File Upload" field will now appear on the left side of the record.

Another note is, that when creating a Form there is a check box to "Allow multiple files". If this box is selected, it may affect the 100MB limit. But, I am not 100% sure.

If you have any questions, let me know. I hope this helps.

linkedin

Carson Hansen

Pearagon

Was I able to help answer your question? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

www.pearagon.com
nthatcher-airbr
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

lösung

👏Thank you so much for the in-depth answer @CHansen7 . This is exactly the information (and then some) I was looking for. 

I took your advice and updated the Help Text with a note about a '100 MB file upload limit'

0 Upvotes
Ben_M
Autorität

lösung

I would recommend submitting a ticket or contacting your sales rep for full details, but I would suspect it would have to follow the account limits and supported file types, but there could be a maximum for what they will host for you as well. https://knowledge.hubspot.com/files/supported-file-types

0 Upvotes