Can hubspot verify email address captured in a form?

SOLVE
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi,

I am looking for a solution to this problem - I am capturing email ids via form on my landing pages but I am getting lot of junk entries. Is there a way Hubspot can validate and verify email address submitted in a form - maybe at the time of filling the form or after the form has been submitted.

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Superstar

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Q: Is there a way Hubspot can validate and verify email address submitted in a form - maybe at the time of filling the form or after the form has been submitted?

Short A: Yes, using an integration. However, 'time-of capture' email validation is more expensive, takes more work and has performance implications.

Longer A:

Here are a couple of email validation services that integrate with HubSpot to offer post-capture email validation and time-of-capture validation via their API. There are many others.

- see Neverbounce

- see DataValidation

If you'd like to pursue time-of-capture email validation you may wish to post your question in the HubSpot Developer's form. You'll find lots of help there.

6 Replies 6
Community Superstar

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Q: Is there a way Hubspot can validate and verify email address submitted in a form - maybe at the time of filling the form or after the form has been submitted?

Short A: Yes, using an integration. However, 'time-of capture' email validation is more expensive, takes more work and has performance implications.

Longer A:

Here are a couple of email validation services that integrate with HubSpot to offer post-capture email validation and time-of-capture validation via their API. There are many others.

- see Neverbounce

- see DataValidation

If you'd like to pursue time-of-capture email validation you may wish to post your question in the HubSpot Developer's form. You'll find lots of help there.

New Contributor

Thanks Frank.

Re: 'time-of capture' email validation 

What do you mean by "more expensive"? more software development time? any documentation you could point to on how to do that?

and what are the performance implications? 

Is the form slow to submit?
Would you have an example of website that uses that "time-of capture' email validation directly on a hubspot form?

Thank you Frank!
B.

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hello,

I had the same problem once but after going into the internet I found Zerobounce

It is the best email validator and it is very simple to use. Click on the link that I've provide and you will see.

You can test it with 100 emails for free.

And also you can upload a list with CSV or TXT format. Use it very often because it has 98% accuracy.

0 Upvotes

Hi, 

You can try Clearout for verifying your email address. It's very easy to use. They give 500 free credits and their pricing is affordable too. The best part is that it gives 98% plus accurate results. 

image - clearout.pngClearout

You get two options here: 

1. Instant or Quick Verification: A quick way of verifying email addresses in real-time without uploading bulk lists and waiting in the queue. 
2. Bulk Validation: Enables you to upload a ready email list file for verification with just a single click.

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Yes, Clearout now has direct integration with Hubspot to validate your list. You can validate your leads: 

• Bulk validation: pull the list from HubSpot and validate it.
  • form validation: this direct integration with the contact form that you are using and validate your leads as and when they sign-up. 

In case, you are using Wordpress contact forms then you can use Clearout plugin available to validate your leads with Clearout Wordpress plugin.

Have used Clearout instant verification API, it's pretty fast in validation and you can set the API timeout if would like user not to wait for long