Can a submitted contact form show me the last page a contact viewed before clicking contact...?

DISTUPTIVE
Member | Partner

We've developed a site for a client that sells boats. On each boat in their inventory a person can click a "im interested in this boat" button which takes them to a contact page with a form.

Can a submitted form show which page a contact came from when they clicked the "im interested in this boat" button?

I know that in the Contacts tab you can track a leads history, but this can get pretty confusing for my client.

I looked in the contact properties and found the "last referring site" property, but I cannot add it to "Show in forms" as that switch is turned off and disabled.

Any help is greatly appriciated! Here is the site for reference: www.tristatemarine.com

Thanks!

Vadim & Team

P.S. Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

1 Reply 1
Phil_Vallender
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Hi @DISTUPTIVE

I'm not aware of any way to pass the referring page to a contact page/form to have it show up in the conversion notification or the timeline entry. 

What I'd suggest is changing your system to use a pop-up contact form rather than sending them to the one contact page. 

This way, your conversion notification will include the page name as will the timeline entry. 

Let us know if you need help with that. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | Inbound marketing for B2B technology companies