Lead Capture Tools

rs44

Can a Banner Form Push Down Site Content?

Currently on aaii.com, our "Spring Sale" banner form, which links to a non-Hubspot sales landing page, covers our top navigation options, including member login.

Is it possible to configure these banner forms such that they push down site content rather than cover it?

5 Replies 5
GGilbert
Participant | Diamond Partner
Participant | Diamond Partner

Rather than looking at alternative pop-up form types, was this issue resolved @rs44 ? We've just started experiencing this issue ourselves but when implementing it for our clients we don't have this issue. I have a feeling it is dependent on the themes being used. Keen to know if you found a way to resolve this. 

0 Upvotes
AHubble
Participant

Would love to see if there's custom code we can add for this fix. Looking at the dropdown banner on our site: https://www.usehatchapp.com/. There has to be something we can add in Design Tools to push down the navbar when the banner shows up.

0 Upvotes
caitlink
Participant | Platinum Partner
Participant | Platinum Partner

Following this thread since I'm experiencing the same issue/question. The dropdown banner covers my site's logo and navigation menu. Is it my understanding that the only way to resolve this is to use the pop-up box or slide-in box options rather than the dropdown banner? 

webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

Hi @rs44 ,

Is it a HS pop-up form? So this doesn't appear to be a HubSpot hosted page - https://www.aaii.com

So, you can change this if it is a HubSpot pop-up form which it doesn't look like it is- if you used a HubSpot pop-up, you could change the position of the form to not appear as a banner rather a slide-in box or similar

This is an external page however, so you have to make some changes in the code. 

You can refer to this article to create Pop-up form in HuBSpot- https://knowledge.hubspot.com/pop-up-forms/create-pop-up-forms

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards. 

0 Upvotes
bsheen
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

Hi @rs44,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

There are three types of pop-up forms.  From the Type tab, we can select the type of pop-up form to create:

• Pop-up box: appears as a pop-up box on your page.
  • Dropdown banner: appears as a dropdown banner from the top of your page.
  • Slide-in box left/right: appears as a slide-in box from the bottom left or right of your page.

Choosing Pop-up box or Slide-in box left/right will prevent this from displaying as a dropdown banner from the top of your page. I don't see a way to push down your site content, but using one of the other pop-up form options would be one solution here. 
-see Create pop-up forms

Please feel free to DM me and we can take a look at this together!

Best,
Brendan