Lead Capture Tools

matttunney
Top Contributor

Can I subsribe all leads to blog subscriptions from any marketing form?

SOLVE

Is there any reason why I shouldn't automatically subscribe users that fill out any form on my site to my blog notifications?

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
Pablo
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

The reason is that people that fill up a form to download an ebook might not be interested in signing up to your blog.

However, if you create a workflow that enrolls every contact, with the action to "set contact property" > "Your Company Blog Subscription" to weekly or monthly.

This will automatically enroll everyone and they will receive your latest blog every week or month.

Make sure that you have edited and published the weekly or monthly email blog which is in Content > Content Settings > Blog > Subscriptions.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Champion
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @matttunney, if your goal is to send everyone who fills out a form on your website the latest content you're creating, then consider adding that as an opt-in option on your forms. Per @Pablo's point, you want to make sure you're being upfront with content you're going to send someone. Sending content to someone that isn't expecting it can lead to them unsubscribing.

Another option that will reduce frequency of emails to your audience while still promoting content you have to offer is to create a monthly newsletter that highlights blogs, company updates, promotions, etc. 

Learn how to create a newsletter with this HubSpot project: http://academy.hubspot.com/projects/customer-projects-create-email-newsletter.

All the best,

Justin | HubSpot Academy

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Pablo
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

The reason is that people that fill up a form to download an ebook might not be interested in signing up to your blog.

However, if you create a workflow that enrolls every contact, with the action to "set contact property" > "Your Company Blog Subscription" to weekly or monthly.

This will automatically enroll everyone and they will receive your latest blog every week or month.

Make sure that you have edited and published the weekly or monthly email blog which is in Content > Content Settings > Blog > Subscriptions.

Hope this helps.

Champion
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @matttunney, if your goal is to send everyone who fills out a form on your website the latest content you're creating, then consider adding that as an opt-in option on your forms. Per @Pablo's point, you want to make sure you're being upfront with content you're going to send someone. Sending content to someone that isn't expecting it can lead to them unsubscribing.

Another option that will reduce frequency of emails to your audience while still promoting content you have to offer is to create a monthly newsletter that highlights blogs, company updates, promotions, etc. 

Learn how to create a newsletter with this HubSpot project: http://academy.hubspot.com/projects/customer-projects-create-email-newsletter.

All the best,

Justin | HubSpot Academy