Lead Capture Tools

lstanik

Can Hubspot treat each instance of Contact form 7 differently?

SOLVE

I'm using Contact form 7 on my wordpress site on various pages (each form is uniquely coded with its own ID, etc.), but Hubspot (free) is capturing all the leads from all the forms on all the pages into just one group. That's a problem because I need to link each individual form to a different Mailchimp list since I'm using one form for questions and the others for landing pages (so each landing page needs to get people on a different Mailchimp list so they get their downloadable). Any suggestions?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Tom
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @lstanik the HubSpot external form scraper scrapes a form based on it's html class and ID. This scans the html of the page and pulls the submission based on that. Due to the nature of this there's no way to determine individual forms with the same HTML ID as different forms. You can, if you have access to the html of your forms give them unique IDs which will mean they will scrape seperately. 

Alternatively, you can use HubSpot's forms and embed them within your wordpress site. This will give you fill control over the fields you pull, the names and will allow you to track all submisions accurately through HubSpot. 

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
hireweb
Participant

SOLVE

Hello lstanik,

We suggest below form plugin add-on.

Contact Form 7 - HubSpot Integration

Thanks & Regards,

HireWeb

0 Upvotes
Tom
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @lstanik the HubSpot external form scraper scrapes a form based on it's html class and ID. This scans the html of the page and pulls the submission based on that. Due to the nature of this there's no way to determine individual forms with the same HTML ID as different forms. You can, if you have access to the html of your forms give them unique IDs which will mean they will scrape seperately. 

Alternatively, you can use HubSpot's forms and embed them within your wordpress site. This will give you fill control over the fields you pull, the names and will allow you to track all submisions accurately through HubSpot. 

0 Upvotes
lstanik

SOLVE

Thanks @Tom. What's weird is they already each have a unique ID, but they aren't scaping that way. Could the issue be that they have the same class? And, re: forms, I'd have to have a paid version for hubspot forms to point to a mailchimp list, though, right? It seems only the pop-up/drop-down types allow me to connect with mailchimp (with the free version).

0 Upvotes
Tom
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

It would probably be pulling in the class then yes. 

With HubSpot forms you would need a deeper integration with mailchimp, but there's a lot of integrations that provide this out of the box too. After a quick search a few that have come up are:

https://connect.mailchimp.com/integrations/hubspot-integration

https://zapier.com/apps/hubspot/integrations/mailchimp

https://automate.io/integration/hubspot/mailchimp

0 Upvotes
lstanik

SOLVE

Ah shoot. Okay. I'll have to look into creating a unique class for each instance of contact form 7. Seems super tedious, but hopefully that will do it. Appreciate the suggestions. I already use automate.io and zapier for a bunch of things, but they don't seem to make it possible to pair just one form and one list. Just if someone completes any hubspot form - you can add them to one mailchimp list, which doesn't work for my purposes. Ah well, thanks again. Truly ppreciate your quick responses. 

0 Upvotes