Lead Capture Tools

paige_mcd
Participante

Calls-to-Action: do you create multiple CTAs for multiple emails within same campaign?

resolver

We are using Hubspot for an accounting firm client. Do your CTAs need to be inline, for tracking purposes, like this:

_ Contact Me Form_ Tax Reform Email Indiana

_ CTA_Download for Tax Reform Email Indiana

_ Download for Tax Reform Email Indiana LP

_ Download for Tax Reform Email Indiana TYP

_ CTA_Contact Me_ Tax Reform Email Indiana LP

_ CTA_Contact Me_Tax Reform Email Indiana TYP

OR

Would you just use a general Contact Me CTA in this and change the text from where it was previously used?

Do you need to be able to track the CTA for A/B testing purposes to see what is being clicked on and what isn't?

The question came up last week and I do not know the right answer. I cannot locate any information on the web either. Any suggestions? Does this piece matter?

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
HelenRoss
Solução
Colaborador(a)

Calls-to-Action: do you create multiple CTAs for multiple emails within same campaign?

resolver

You CAN just change the purpose of it and use it again, whether you should is entirely different. 

The examples you've given look to do very different things (ie one is a CTA to contact someone, one is to download a piece of collateral). From a marketing and tracking standpoint, I would want different CTAs so I can see over time how these have gone without having any conflict in the data.

I'd combine them by intention if they're all part of the same campaign. So I'd have one to download the collateral, one to contact etc. If I'm massively changing copy because I'm trying to work out what works best then yes I would separate (again, so you have clean data when you're reviewing). Similarly, if the CTA is to a different type of download I would split them out. 

Does it matter? To the user, not really. They just see what you show them. To you, yes. 

Exibir solução no post original

3 Respostas 3
HelenRoss
Solução
Colaborador(a)

resolver

You CAN just change the purpose of it and use it again, whether you should is entirely different. 

The examples you've given look to do very different things (ie one is a CTA to contact someone, one is to download a piece of collateral). From a marketing and tracking standpoint, I would want different CTAs so I can see over time how these have gone without having any conflict in the data.

I'd combine them by intention if they're all part of the same campaign. So I'd have one to download the collateral, one to contact etc. If I'm massively changing copy because I'm trying to work out what works best then yes I would separate (again, so you have clean data when you're reviewing). Similarly, if the CTA is to a different type of download I would split them out. 

Does it matter? To the user, not really. They just see what you show them. To you, yes. 

paige_mcd
Participante

resolver

Thank you @HelenRoss! I appreciate you lending your thoughts and expertise here. And thank you for the connection @Anonymous!

0 Avaliação positiva
Anonymous
Não aplicável

resolver

I don't beleive it does. @HelenRoss can you lend your expertise here?

0 Avaliação positiva