Lead Capture Tools

PGohari
Participant

CTA's make the loading time insanely high

SOLVE

We use HubSpot buttons on our website and it takes ages for the page behind the CTA to load. Can you provide a way to solve this please?

There is a also a lot of loading times for the tracking scripts that are laoded when clicking on the buttons

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
APrigent
Solution
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hello @PGohari,

Indeed, each hubspot asset that appears on a page of your website requires the loading of a script, which blocks the rendering of the page and makes the site take longer to load...

There is no solution insofar as we cannot intervene to defer the Hubspot scripts for the loading of these resources (chatbot / cta / forms etc..)

Concerning the hubspot tracking script, you can try to delay it by 2 to 3 seconds to prevent it from blocking the page rendering, as it is not "critical" for the display of the site pages. This can have a negative impact on the number of sessions that show up in Hubspot traffic reports if the user leaves the page before the script loads

It is necessary to find a balance between the use of marketing tools like Hubspot, which are very useful for marketing actions, but which imply the loading of additional scripts and can impact the performance of a performing website. In particular, for your CTAs, I would advise you to clearly delimit the places where tracking clicks on these CTAs is necessary, and those where a button can be sufficient.
For example: choose a button to direct to a blog page, but rather choose a CTA if you direct to a contact / demo page.

I hope I helped you!
Have a nice day,

Alice

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
APrigent
Solution

SOLVE

Hello @PGohari,

Indeed, each hubspot asset that appears on a page of your website requires the loading of a script, which blocks the rendering of the page and makes the site take longer to load...

There is no solution insofar as we cannot intervene to defer the Hubspot scripts for the loading of these resources (chatbot / cta / forms etc..)

Concerning the hubspot tracking script, you can try to delay it by 2 to 3 seconds to prevent it from blocking the page rendering, as it is not "critical" for the display of the site pages. This can have a negative impact on the number of sessions that show up in Hubspot traffic reports if the user leaves the page before the script loads

It is necessary to find a balance between the use of marketing tools like Hubspot, which are very useful for marketing actions, but which imply the loading of additional scripts and can impact the performance of a performing website. In particular, for your CTAs, I would advise you to clearly delimit the places where tracking clicks on these CTAs is necessary, and those where a button can be sufficient.
For example: choose a button to direct to a blog page, but rather choose a CTA if you direct to a contact / demo page.

I hope I helped you!
Have a nice day,

Alice

NeerajTrikha
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @PGohari , 

Here is a Hubspot Blog,this has a few ways that one can use to optimize loading times.

You can also apply lazy loading to images (in case there are many)

Also, you can refer to this page for specific steps.

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/website-pages/optimize-your-page-load-time#  

Regards,

Neeraj Trikha