Lead Capture Tools

lizchartrand

CTA contact interaction in an annually re-occuring workflow - potential bias from previous click?

SOLVE

Hello!

I am building a set of workflows for our Closed Won Deals. I've build something based on CTA interaction and then realized I wasn't familiar with possible CTA limitations.

Here's a bit of background:

In the 1st workflow, we set/copy essential deal information (mostly dates that will trigger the automation in the second workflow) into respective custom contact fields, now the contact has the needed details from the Closed Won Deal.

The 2nd workflow will contain a sequence of emails containing a set of CTA. When a contact clicks a specific CTA, it will provide information for our brokerage (based on a customer's interaction w/ 1 of the CTA it will let the team know if they'd like to work with us again in the new season).

Once the Contact has clicked a CTA, or arrived at the end of the sequence, we clear out the custom contact fields, in order to set/copy new contact information if we have a new Closed Won deal with this contact in the future.

Essentially this is the process theory: workflow 1 copies deal info to the contact > 2nd workflow send emails to the contact > Once sequence in the 2nd workflow has run its course the contact is cleared for new deals which returns us to Workflow 1. 

With that in mind, and knowing we'd like to make this workflow to basically re-enroll contact through the years, would a contact's previous interaction with a CTA accidentally trigger an answer the next time they are enrolled in the workflow.

For example:

The contact receives an email in August 2020 and they click the CTA that says "I love my apartment, I'd like to Renew". Great, we take the appropriate steps.

But, in 2021, when they have a new Closed Won Deal with our team, and they are automatically sent that same email, will the system have registered that this contact has clicked "I love my apartment, I'd like to Renew" from that email before, thus creating a false response?

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Nynke_HM
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

CTA contact interaction in an annually re-occuring workflow - potential bias from previous click?

SOLVE

Hi @lizchartrand ,

Great question and thanks for sharing the details. I might have two solutions to your problem. I'll explain my suggestions:

Suggestion 1: Set date triggers and allow re-enrollment

When creating the enrollment trigger for the workflow, you could choose to let contacts enroll before or after a specific date. This would only work if all contacts need to enroll in the same frequency, for example every 6 months. In that case you'd add a 'Refine by date criteria' to the marketing email enrollment action. Like this:

Refine by dateRefine by date

When activating the workflow, you set the date for the first time. When the period is over (6 months from now), you will change the date and the contacts with new link/CTA clicks will be enrolled in the workflow. Please be aware that you need to reset the dates and to allow reenrollment in this scenario. This requires a bit of manual work each period.

Suggestion 2: Work with re-enrollment only

The second option is to work with re-enrollment only. On the enrollment trigger action, you'll find the re-enrollment tab where you can set re-enrollment:

re-enrollmentre-enrollment

The disadvantage of working with re-enrollment only, is that the workflow will be triggered when the contact clicks the CTA also when it's not up to renewal yet. Let's say by incident a week after buying or somewhere in the middle of their service period.

So this scenario too will require some manual checks if someone really did click the link/CTA deliberately to renew. 

Either way I would advise to set some internal notifications/tasks to check-in with your customer.

I can imagine there are other ways to set this as well, but these suggestion came to my mind 🙂 Hope this helps anyway!

Kind regards,

Nynke

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
Nynke_HM
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @lizchartrand ,

Great question and thanks for sharing the details. I might have two solutions to your problem. I'll explain my suggestions:

Suggestion 1: Set date triggers and allow re-enrollment

When creating the enrollment trigger for the workflow, you could choose to let contacts enroll before or after a specific date. This would only work if all contacts need to enroll in the same frequency, for example every 6 months. In that case you'd add a 'Refine by date criteria' to the marketing email enrollment action. Like this:

Refine by dateRefine by date

When activating the workflow, you set the date for the first time. When the period is over (6 months from now), you will change the date and the contacts with new link/CTA clicks will be enrolled in the workflow. Please be aware that you need to reset the dates and to allow reenrollment in this scenario. This requires a bit of manual work each period.

Suggestion 2: Work with re-enrollment only

The second option is to work with re-enrollment only. On the enrollment trigger action, you'll find the re-enrollment tab where you can set re-enrollment:

re-enrollmentre-enrollment

The disadvantage of working with re-enrollment only, is that the workflow will be triggered when the contact clicks the CTA also when it's not up to renewal yet. Let's say by incident a week after buying or somewhere in the middle of their service period.

So this scenario too will require some manual checks if someone really did click the link/CTA deliberately to renew. 

Either way I would advise to set some internal notifications/tasks to check-in with your customer.

I can imagine there are other ways to set this as well, but these suggestion came to my mind 🙂 Hope this helps anyway!

Kind regards,

Nynke

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes