CTA Page Placement Weirdness

Top Contributor

Hi - I was going through our CTAs to create a list of what we have, where they are placed throughout our site and the LP they go to. Everything seemed normal until I got to one CTA that when I click the icon to tell me which pages are using it, it shows me a list of pages - but most of them, when I just checked, don't actually have this CTA on them (nor should they), and likely never did, but definitely didn't in the defined time frame (this month to date).

Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 12.49.10 PM.png

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Resident Expert | Platinum Partner

Hi @MiaPV,

The CTA placement does not look the same as what I would typically see when you are viewing that section. Are you in the CTAs section under content, or another location?

If you'd like to hop on a screenshare today, I'd be happy to walk through it with you.

app.hubspot.com/meetings/joshc15

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

0 Upvotes
Top Contributor

@Josh thanks for the response - I was out of the office yesterday but appreciate the offer to hop on a screenshare. The screen grab I shared with you is the pop up box that appears when I clicked the (14) web pages area at the top corner of the CTAs section. It should tell me all of the web pages this CTA sits on - and the rest of the info seems right for the other CTAs, but this is really throwing me for a loop, especially for the defined timeframe, (but also at any time).

Screen Shot 2017-08-19 at 11.10.31 AM.png

0 Upvotes
Resident Expert | Platinum Partner

Hi @MiaPV,

Thanks for sending the screenshot. While mine still looks different, I see where you are looking now. 

When you click into the CTA itself and view the details, are you seeing the same information?

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

0 Upvotes
Top Contributor

@Josh I am clicking into the CTA for these details so I'm a little confused by your quesiton. Here are the steps I'm taking. I click on Calls-to-Action on the main navigation. All of the CTAs show up, and I click into the details of each one where I showed you in the screenshots from that main page. This is where these are showing up.

I just tried clicking "Details" on that one, clicked the gear to expand it, and now see the correct pages it is associated with. It's a really bad user experience, especially since, for the purposes I was collecting this info for, it's so much easier to get that info from the main page. What is the purpose of being able to click on those other icons if not to bring back that information?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes