Lead Capture Tools

merinna
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

CTA - Issue with Edits to Embed Code

SOLVE

Hello!

My company is a HubSpot Partner and I have a client who is placing the embed code for CTAs that we created onto their website. She asked me a question that I am hoping someone has some insight on. She wants to know if there is a way to add class names to the <a> element in the embed code? She has already tried adding class names in the <a> element when she is adding the embed code to the specific pages of the site. She says her class names are getting removed on the front-end, despite placing them in the <a> element in the back-end.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Aakar
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @merinna 

I don't have the full context about your design & flow. However, I think you can apply a CSS class outside of your CTA code. With that CSS class, you'll be able to hide/display certain CTAs. Does this help?

Thanks.

Aakar Anil
Marketing Technologist
aakar.me | @aakarpost | in/aakarpost

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Aakar
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @merinna 

HubSpot says you should not alter the embed code.

Alternatively, if you're using an image in the CTA, HubSpot suggests applying additional CSS declarations (such as width: 100%;) within your stylesheet to make the image CTA responsive.

Thanks.

Aakar Anil
Marketing Technologist
0 Upvotes
merinna
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Aakar,

Thank you for your response. The problem is that the page the CTAs are being added on has a search functionality that relates to the category of the button. If the embed code can not be edited once placed onto the website, the search functionality is broken. For example, if someone wanted to look at all of the options on the page that are "online classes" and exclude all "seated classes" in their search, then all of the options for "online classes" should be able to show and have the HubSpot CTA buttons for each program. 

If there is a way to work that into the CSS stylesheet I don't know how. Do you have any ideas?

0 Upvotes
Aakar
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @merinna 

I don't have the full context about your design & flow. However, I think you can apply a CSS class outside of your CTA code. With that CSS class, you'll be able to hide/display certain CTAs. Does this help?

Thanks.

Aakar Anil
Marketing Technologist
0 Upvotes