Business card scanner with specific form

Occasional Contributor

Hello!

We have a trade fair coming up and have a standard lead capture form that our sales people use. I would like to use the business card scanner to prepopulate some of the fields for the form I've created for the event - is this possible?

Thanks

Beth 

0 Upvotes
4 Replies
Community Manager

Hi @bethimc,

Using the business card scanner will add the names as contacts. 

In regards to making this populate for the contacts at the trade fair, because prepopulating values is based on cookies, assuming that the contacts/sales reps are working on a shared ipad or computer, the values would not prepopulate. 

Thanks,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Jenny!

Do you know if it's possible to customise the business card scanner form fields? 

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @bethimc,

The scanner will pull in the fields that it detects on the card, and then you can decide which pieces of information you want to associate with the contact.

Thanks,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
New Contributor

It would be wonderful to have the ability for the app to be able to read all the information on a form and then map to Hubspot fields for a contact. 

Example: If you have inquiry cards filled out by prospective customers requesting to be contacted, you would be able to scan the filled out inquiry card and it would read and map it to customized fields the same way it does for business cards. 

0 Upvotes