Lead Capture Tools

Ed7

Bug report: Invalid email domain

Hi,

I want to report that the forms are not accepting as valid ".com.ve" domains in the email field. They are valid domains for Venezuela.

Thanks

Screenshot 2021-09-24 165236.png

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Ed7

Hi @natsumimori ,

The test email was used only to make the report but we had tested with a real email. Trying with the one you used doesn't work either for us.

Ed7_0-1632746915480.png

Notice that the system is suggesting a correction in the domain.

0 Upvotes
natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for testing!

Hmm that's strange, could you share the page URL with me via DM? (Go to my profile > Send message)

I will test with the same page as you and see if I can replicate the error.

0 Upvotes
natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sending over the website URL!

I was able to reproduce the error and now I can reproduce this with my account as well. After some testing, it seems that non-existing email domains get invalid error and this doesn't happen if the domain is a legitimate one. For example, I used this site to see if a domain exists. If you search "hotel.com.ve", you will see it's "researved" meaning it's used by someone. Therefore I used this example to test and this domain didn't give me an error. 

Vende_con_Nosotros___Autopartes_Market.png

Do you have any example domain with .com.ve which actually exists but gets "invalid error"? If so we can do some more testing.

0 Upvotes
natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Ed7 ,

Thank you for your post.

I tested this with my form and I think "test" in the domain is causing the error. I tried with "hola@aero.com.ve" and "hola@officina.com.ve" and didn't get invalid error. Could you try that?