Bot should display welcome message as prompt only once

Occasional Contributor

We created a welcome message for our chatbot: "Need help?". 

As the screenshot attached shows, we've set up the welcome message to pop open as a prompt. This is all well and good.

Screen Shot 2018-10-02 at 9.55.24 AM.png

The problem is that the prompt appears on every page that the user migrates to - even if the user clicked off the prompt on a previous page. That quickly becomes intrusive and annoying, and makes for a poor user experience. To be able to use the prompt, we need the bot to display the welcome message as a prompt only once. 

The bot currently lacks this feature. This is a very basic setting for good user experience. I have turned off the prompt, but of course the tradeoff is a missed opportunity for engagement.

5 Replies 5
Community Manager

Hi @nstell,

Can you share a link to your website so we can take a look? 

Is the issue that the bot prompt is reopening when a user moves from page to page? Or just that the option to open the chat remains? If the functionality is not working as designed, I would recommend reaching out to the Support team (if your subscription includes Support). 

Thanks, 
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jenny,

The site's humatics.com, though I've since disabled the prompt because I couldn't prevent it from reappearing on every subsequent page the user navigates to.

I have notified support, and they reported that the feature doesn't currently exist and that I should post it here to raise the issue with the product development team.

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Seconded here. This would be a useful feature/option - one of our users reported that they close the Live Chat prompt, but then the prompt immediately reappears on subsequent webpages. Objectively/constructively, this is not an ideal user experience. Would be great if the devs could look into this, please.

Many thanks,

Andy.

Regular Contributor

This is sorely needed. Our chat is popping up 100% of the time, on every page. Users dismiss the chat, but it pops up again. Dismissing should snooze it, for a period of time set by the HubSpot admin. 

Thanks.

New Contributor

This feature is sorely missed. It is creating a horrible user experience for myself, I can only imagine what my users feel like........

0 Upvotes