Lead Capture Tools

TDiCenzo

Blurry CTAs in marketing emails

SOLVE

Hi! I was wondering if anyone has a workaround for fixing the blurry CTAs in marketing emails? Every time we build a CTA in the builder, it looks great. Then, when we try and add it in our marketing emails they become pixelated and fuzzy looking.  Thanks in advance for your help!

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @TDiCenzo,

Are you trying to create a text CTA or an image CTA?

If you can, I'd recommend creating (text) CTAs right within the email editor, from the left sidebar. They will usually look sharp then. (I have no clue why that is.)

If you're creating (image) CTAs from the CTA-tool, make sure to resize the image to the exact dimension that you want before uploading into HubSpot. Otherwise HubSpot will have to resize the image and that's where some of the blurriness comes from.

The general reason why CTAs from the CTA tool look blurry has to do with how HubSpot renders the styling in emails. Apparently, the current behavior is that the system takes a screenshot and includes a lower-quality images to ensure that this image renders correctly in different email clients. Community manager @MiaSrebrnjak has explained this in another thread:

The current behavior is that the system takes a screenshot of the CTA and includes a lower-quality image in the email to ensure the CTA renders the same across various email clients. This process was put into place due to a limitation on rendering options for standard HTML in email clients: a lot of HTML isn't supported so the only way we can be sure it'll look correct is by turning it into an image.

Our teams have an on-going project to improve CTA quality and appearance, but the best way to ensure the CTAs retain your desired styling and remain high quality at this time is to use Image CTAs/Buttons instead of Custom Buttons. You can find the details about creating image CTAs in this Knowledge base article

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

webdew
Solution
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @TDiCenzo ,

While creating the CTAs don't use the options provided but use the 'Advanced options' to provide the dimensions for your CTAs. This will give sharp loom to your CTAs.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
webdew
Solution
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @TDiCenzo ,

While creating the CTAs don't use the options provided but use the 'Advanced options' to provide the dimensions for your CTAs. This will give sharp loom to your CTAs.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @TDiCenzo,

Are you trying to create a text CTA or an image CTA?

If you can, I'd recommend creating (text) CTAs right within the email editor, from the left sidebar. They will usually look sharp then. (I have no clue why that is.)

If you're creating (image) CTAs from the CTA-tool, make sure to resize the image to the exact dimension that you want before uploading into HubSpot. Otherwise HubSpot will have to resize the image and that's where some of the blurriness comes from.

The general reason why CTAs from the CTA tool look blurry has to do with how HubSpot renders the styling in emails. Apparently, the current behavior is that the system takes a screenshot and includes a lower-quality images to ensure that this image renders correctly in different email clients. Community manager @MiaSrebrnjak has explained this in another thread:

The current behavior is that the system takes a screenshot of the CTA and includes a lower-quality image in the email to ensure the CTA renders the same across various email clients. This process was put into place due to a limitation on rendering options for standard HTML in email clients: a lot of HTML isn't supported so the only way we can be sure it'll look correct is by turning it into an image.

Our teams have an on-going project to improve CTA quality and appearance, but the best way to ensure the CTAs retain your desired styling and remain high quality at this time is to use Image CTAs/Buttons instead of Custom Buttons. You can find the details about creating image CTAs in this Knowledge base article

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.